flight schedule changed!!!

jimmiej

I invented the Naked Segway Tour
I received an email telling me my flight times for next trip have changed. I've had my tix for 3 months. The trip to Orlando was changed very little, but the trip home was moved from 5pm to 8am!. I already had a PS for that am. Has this happened to any one else? I was told I had no recourse. It is American Airlines out of Austin, TX.

:confused:

You do have a recourse. Call American and tell them the new departure time is not acceptable. Keep telling them that until they get it. Be nice (if you get rude you will never get it fixed, but ask for a supervisor.) I KNOW AA has more than one flight a day to Texas! Who sent you the email AA or your travel agent. If it was your TA call him or her and tell them to fix this!

This happened to us as well, only with US Air. We booked through Expedia, and when I called them to complain, they said they could do nothing for us. I looked up the flights available on the US AIR website, and called US AIR right away. I was hopping mad, because we had bought our tix last JULY for this APRIL trip, in order to get the late departure times that we wanted. US AIR was very gracious and changed our early departure from MCO back to a later departure (4:30 p). They did want to charge us $100 per person for the change, but relented when I complained that THEY had changed our times in the first place. I wouldn't have complained if they'd changed our time by an hour or two, but I think anything over a 2 hour time change--you definitely have recourse! Call right away, as when I spoke to the US Air rep--she told me that if I hadn't called then, there might not be any later flights still available, as most were SOLD OUT. Even though our flight is in two months now, I'm still checking frequently to make sure there aren't any more significant changes. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!

We had this happen with United this past Thanksgiving, and they were great about moving us onto different flights. The new schedule actually worked out better for us. Be polite but firm and insist on satisfaction. I would think that American would be good about it...we once had a problem that was our own fault (to make a long story short, we missed the plane even tho' we were right there by the gate...it was so early in the morning that we dozed off), and they were super about getting us onto the next flight so we wouldn't miss our cruise. Good luck!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Hey thanks!!! I followed your advice & they changed my flights to even better times!!! The lady on the phone was so nice(& apologetic for the screwup). Our tix didn't have seat assignments so she gave me those too!!! Can you tell I'm excited? Yippee!!! We're going to Disney World!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Glad to hear that it worked out for you ! What I do is keep checking periodically (don't make yourself crazy, but every now and then just call the airlines to make sure your schedule is still close to what it's supposed to be...) --that way you can be ready to react if you get another crazy flight change before your trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter