• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FLL to Port of Miami

tinay

Mouseketeer
We are traveling from FLL area hotel to Port of Miami, which is a the better transportation... QLS or SAS?

No Uber recommendations because we are a party of 7 and will be traveling with a 3 and 7 year old and do not want to deal with car seats.

Thanks!

I've never used QLS, so no information there, but have used SAS three times with excellent service each time.

I know you didn't mention them, but we used Jiffy Jeff and they provided car seats and were really great to work with as well.

We also used Jiffy Jeff. We are satisfied with the communication and shared shuttle service. Would definitely use them again.

I know you didn't mention them, but we used Jiffy Jeff and they provided car seats and were really great to work with as well.
We also used Jiffy Jeff. We are satisfied with the communication and shared shuttle service. Would definitely use them again.
Another Jiffy Jeff vote.

Do you know if Jiffy Jeff require car seats? I read on reviews that they have a smaller bus compared to SAS and QLS? Thanks!

We used Larrys Limos and could not have been happier! We had priced out other transfers and they weren't that much more but the service was amazing. we only booked a town car but they sent us gorgeous limos. They were on time and even came earlier for us when we were off the ship much faster and earlier than expected. Highly recommend.

We had a poor experience with SAS. I know a lot of people love them and it's possible our journey was unusual, but I was not pleased. For our second Miami cruise, we ended up renting a car one way. Next time I would probably use Jiffy Jeff.

We had a poor experience with SAS. I know a lot of people love them and it's possible our journey was unusual, but I was not pleased. For our second Miami cruise, we ended up renting a car one way. Next time I would probably use Jiffy Jeff.

How easy was it with the rental? That’s what we are considering but read you can only drop it off at the airport and then shuttle to the port. Is that accurate? Is that how you did it? Thanks.

How easy was it with the rental? That’s what we are considering but read you can only drop it off at the airport and then shuttle to the port. Is that accurate? Is that how you did it? Thanks.

The rental was no problem. We used Avis. We picked it up at the FLL airport, stayed overnight in FLL and dropped it off at the downtown Avis on embarkation morning. Then we took the Avis shuttle to port.I believe the Avis location downtown has a $10 surcharge due to the shuttle to the port, but it was worth it for us. We got a van because we had a larger group and it was cheaper than taking a shuttle for all of us.

Jiffy Jeff wasn't a bus, it was a huge Mercedes Van. They had both a car seat (I had to request it ahead of time) and a booster. (Kids were 2 and 5 at the time). The law does not require a car seat in those type of vans, but it's a long enough ride that I just wasn't comfortable not putting my kids in safety seats. (My 5yo still used a car seat at home, but I was ok with a booster, given her weight.) I definitely recommend Jiffy Jeff. We used them from a FLL hotel to the port (since we flew in the night before), and then port to FLL after the cruise. Highly recommend.

The rental was no problem. We used Avis. We picked it up at the FLL airport, stayed overnight in FLL and dropped it off at the downtown Avis on embarkation morning. Then we took the Avis shuttle to port.I believe the Avis location downtown has a $10 surcharge due to the shuttle to the port, but it was worth it for us. We got a van because we had a larger group and it was cheaper than taking a shuttle for all of us.

Thanks for the info. I think we’ll go that route. It will be practical to have access to a car on embarcation day in order to stop for supplies on the way to Miami.

Jiffy Jeff wasn't a bus, it was a huge Mercedes Van. They had both a car seat (I had to request it ahead of time) and a booster. (Kids were 2 and 5 at the time). The law does not require a car seat in those type of vans, but it's a long enough ride that I just wasn't comfortable not putting my kids in safety seats. (My 5yo still used a car seat at home, but I was ok with a booster, given her weight.) I definitely recommend Jiffy Jeff. We used them from a FLL hotel to the port (since we flew in the night before), and then port to FLL after the cruise. Highly recommend.

I talked to Jiffy Jeff and they wouldn't guarantee the car seat and booster for me. They stated that if they are already used by someone from a previous pick up that we would be out of luck. Since it is such a small vehicle compared to the mini buses... I would be more comfortable with a car seat or booster for the kids. I guess we won't be using them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter