Flooding at HRH, RP, Portofino after Ian

We went walking about 3pm
RP boat dock will need work to be useable. However, no biggie, use the bus instead
No, the path to City walk was not clear
Fun times in ball room with movie and games
We sat at the bar at Orchid Lounge and had a great night

I’m glad you found the activities as I resd on the other thread you didn‘t think there were any activities or characters planned at RP.

Several of our friends were working down there and said it was fabulous for the kids with activities and movies, so I’m glad to hear you did get to enjoy them.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Some amazing pictures from this morning on Bioreconstruct Twitter of the flooding around RP, Sapphire and other parts of UOR….

There was a lot of water around this morning and yes, the plane in the lagoon is submerged further than usual and the picture of the boats getting higher under the bridges is quite unusual.

RP pool is being cleared as I type and they hope to open it tomorrow at noon.
They posted a bunch of aerial photos today that I think are from this morning. Lots of crane/trucks by the coasters, looks like flooding under the Hulk has gone down.

Does anyone know if the boat service has resumed? I'm thinking particularly at RPR?

Does anyone know if the boat service has resumed? I'm thinking particularly at RPR?

As of right now, Concierge say it’s just the shuttle buses that are running.

They didn’t know when the boats would start.

Took the path today from SF this late afternoon for HHN. Some water still on, but they did a great job of clearing it generally. Will take the bus back though. Can’t say way a bad walk if I have to.

Went to Conroy Rd area, no problem, roads were clear.

At Portofino now and the front desk said everything is back to normal operations. 🤩 Drove in from Atlanta today and no issues with 75, turnpike, or getting to the resort except for one road closure on Vineland turning into Universal Drive.
Great to hear that! We cancelled this weekend at Disney because we were originally scheduled to arrive Wednesday, and figured with the flooding, it was best t cancel. So we booked HRH for next weekend. So glad to hear flooding has receded and hope everyone stays safe!

We cancelled this weekend at Disney because we were originally scheduled to arrive Wednesday, and figured with the flooding, it was best t cancel.
Good thing you did, They closed the resorts for all checkins for a 48 hour period starting at 3 pm on that Wednesday.

that said, AKVJ did an amazing job with their guests, lobby reminded me of a sea day on a cruise ship with all the activities including a DJ etc. Was able to go into MGM at 10 am on Friday, then MK at 2 pm. ‘water rides’ and many shows were closed, otherwise it was business as usual.

prayers sent for those in FL still impacted by the storm:wizard:

Good thing you did, They closed the resorts for all checkins for a 48 hour period starting at 3 pm on that Wednesday.

that said, AKVJ did an amazing job with their guests, lobby reminded me of a sea day on a cruise ship with all the activities including a DJ etc. Was able to go into MGM at 10 am on Friday, then MK at 2 pm. ‘water rides’ and many shows were closed, otherwise it was business as usual.

prayers sent for those in FL still impacted by the storm:wizard:
We were at AKL during Matthew in 2016. It looked like they were much more prepared this time and had more food options.

We were at AKL during Matthew in 2016. It looked like they were much more prepared this time and had more food options.
Honestly, they far more than I expected.

We did RP during Matthew. They did a good job. Buffet they offered was not to our liking, we passed. Never saw so many dogs in a resort lobby. Many locals riding it out there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter