Flying Fish?

vwlfan

DIS Veteran
just booked Flying Fish but have read some really negative reviews . Discouraged that I made a mistaken choice. Can’t find reviews on theDis.

Any opinions?

Check out tripadvisor - all the recent reviews from past few months are positive.

The restaurant is beautiful and there are some great menu options. I actually don't eat seafood (and have a shellfish allergy!), but they have a wonderful wagyu filet as good as any other Signature restaurant. The pork belly appetizer was awesome. My husband enjoyed his surf and turf. Service was wonderful.

The only issue we had was an incredibly long wait past our reservation time due to a mix-up at the hostess stand. As a reference, we pretty much only dine at Signatures for dinners, and enjoy Jiko, Yachtsman, Tiffins, Cali Grille, Narcoossee's as some of our favorites.

We haven't eaten there in awhile but we semi-enjoyed it. The food was good, our service not so much. We felt like that might have been a one off since the server had a number of tables with lots of people and we were only a table of two. He seemed to get to all the other tables better than us and gave them more attention. We had to wait for him to come take our drink orders and wait for everything else after that. He didn't tell us the specials, thankfully the hostess had since I wanted one of them. We even had to wait to pay, which is a big no-no in the restaurant business.

Flying Fish is one of my favorites and practically a must-do every trip. We tend to sit at the bar and the service there is always outstanding (those bartenders know their stuff - the menu and drinks!!) and fun to chit chat with them and other guests. I was just there a few weeks ago. Had the lobster bisque and swordfish and loved both. Others at the bar were raving about the octopus. In the past have enjoyed the pork belly, steak, the sustainable fish of the day and dessert. Oh, the desserts! I say give it a try. I don’t think you’ll regret it.

You may want to ask the mods to move this to the regular restaurant board (vs the reviews sub forum) - you’d probably get more people to chime in there.

We ate there a few weeks ago and it was outstanding. It was our first trip there, mostly because we don't eat much seafood, but there was plenty on the menu for us. I had the wagyu filet and my husband had the scallops. My filet was better than I had had a previous trip at Yachtsman and rivaled one I had on the same trip at Shula's. Our service was top notch and the restaurant is beautiful. We'll definitely be back!

Flying Fish is one of my few repeat places. I've been doing it every trip for the past few years. The only thing I no longer care for are their desserts. The trend these days for deconstructed food items is annoying and I dislike having little bits of everything just plopped on the plate. Their desserts used to be wonderful but not so much anymore.

The pork belly appetizer is fantastic and I've never been disappointed in any of the entrees I've had. I also enjoy the bread with the seaweed bits in it and the salted butter.

I had reservations at Flying Fish last Friday. I waited about 5 minutes to be seated. I ordered the mussels and then the swordfish for my main dish and the food was AMAZING. I cannot wait to go back the next time I'm at WDW.

I had a light dinner at the bar last year and really want to go back for a full dinner. Everything about the place was fabulous—ambience, decor, food, service, friendliness of the staff. The cocktails are very good and a decent value compared to what you pay in the outside world.

My wife and I ate there for the first time last month. She does eat any kind of seafood but she went went for me. She did not like the bread nor her grilled salad. The bread had nori which gives it a slight fishy/seaweedy taste.

Her Waygu fillet main course, exceptional. Seriously, I got the scallops, which were good, but that fillet was one of the best I’ve ever tried.

We have only been once about two years ago and definitely thought the food was delicious and service was excellent. Enjoy. Let us know how you liked it. :)

I've been to FF a few times. I always had a good meal but it always seemed like a loud place. People talking loudly, maybe the voices carry easily there (not sure). If you don't mind that environment, go for it. You'll have a good meal.

If you want high end seafood, I prefer Todd English's Bluezoo.

I ate at Flying Fish twice during my December trip and loved both meals.... food and service were great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter