Flying the day before Thanksgiving?

gn2wdw

Mouseketeer
I have been watching fares flying out of Dayton to Orlando for the last few weeks. We didn't buy because we were not 100% sure I could get the days off work.

Now that I have been approved, the flights I was watching have jumped from $189 to $291.

Since we want to leave on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, will this price come back down, or will it just keep going up?

Any ideas? Thanks!

It's hard to say, because if something like war or terrorism comes up, the airlines might have sales if people are afraid to fly. We travel to Orlando every year for a Disney cruise on that day, and typically we've had the best luck locking a decent fare in early. But we got shafted doing that for Easter this year...we locked in a fare on ATA, and then they advertised way cheaper prices for a flight leaving not much later on the same day...ouch!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Just remember that is one of the busiest travel days of the year. If you wait too long you could end up not being able to get tickets at all.

Anne

Any advice on this:

I can buy tickets on Delta now for $195, or should I risk it and wait until Airtran has their schedules for November, because they usually have a non-stop on the return and better times?

I normally would wait it out, but since it is the day before Thanksgiving, I am a little nervous.

IMHO it's unlikely you will do amazingly better DAY-MCO. If you like that flight, it would make sense to grab it.

However since it's Delta, you can look at the seating chart without buying and see how full it is -- that may give you useful information. Keep in mind that a number of "preferred" seats will be blocked out whether or not they are sold.

Delta is playing some bizarre pricing games. On the dates I'm interested in (very close to yours), there are very high premiums for morning departures, even when few seats have been sold.

:) I booked our family trip from PHL-MCO for 11/25 (Tues) because of the possible higher cost of tickets for Wednesday. We booked because of the time of the flight was important to us. We got (3) tickets for 216.50 each, and I check every day for $$ changes. Our tickets currently cost $291.50. I think it is better to get a seat on the day and times that are best suited for your trip.

If our tickets go down in price, US Air gives $$ credit for the difference in cost. (good for 1 year)

Good Luck
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter