Food and Wine Festival 2021

stephalloo

Earning My Ears
Hi all! My sister and I are planning to take a girls trip to WDW in September for the Food and Wine Festival. Has anyone seen/heard any information for this year yet or have any tips? I have never been to the food and wine festival... yet. thanks in advance for any information!

This was the first year in 15 years we have not visited the FWF.

General tips:

You can easily make a meal out of snacking throughout the day. We don't make any ADRs when we do FWF.

DH and I like to share each dish so that we can try even more! If I ate a whole one myself, I'd probably only have room for around 3 total. Even though each is a little bit of food, it all adds up.

I don't find the drinks to be a good value. I'd rather get the "regular" (i.e. non FWF drinks) as we tour World Showcase (like the Grand Marnier slushie in France or a glass of wine in Italy).

I like to read other people's reviews of the food. I think it helps to know which foods aren't worth trying.

The booths open when WS opens (usually 11am). We like to hit the booths early as crowds increase throughout the day.

Avoid weekends if you want to avoid huge crowds.

The drunks make themselves know later in the day. When that happens it's usually our cue to leave. I enjoy drinks/wine just as much as they do, but I don't find getting drunk and stumbling around in Disney to be fun. I don't enjoy watching others do it either.

We usually do two EP days during FWF. That way we can try different foods on day 2 that we were too full to try on day 1.

Have a great time!

General tips:

You can easily make a meal out of snacking throughout the day. We don't make any ADRs when we do FWF.

DH and I like to share each dish so that we can try even more! If I ate a whole one myself, I'd probably only have room for around 3 total. Even though each is a little bit of food, it all adds up.

I don't find the drinks to be a good value. I'd rather get the "regular" (i.e. non FWF drinks) as we tour World Showcase (like the Grand Marnier slushie in France or a glass of wine in Italy).

I like to read other people's reviews of the food. I think it helps to know which foods aren't worth trying.

The booths open when WS opens (usually 11am). We like to hit the booths early as crowds increase throughout the day.

The drunks make themselves know later in the day. When that happens it's usually our cue to leave. I enjoy drinks/wine just as much as they do, but I don't find getting drunk and stumbling around in Disney to be fun. I don't enjoy watching others do it either.

We usually do two EP days during FWF. That way we can try different foods on day 2 that we were too full to try on day 1.

Have a great time!
Thank you! I agree with the later it gets the more the drunks come out, I've seen this behaviour at Epcot when it's not Food and Wine, cant imagine it during. Do you have a favorite you frequent in World Showcase to recommend?

Food & Wine will not be the same until Eat To The Beat returns!

I think it is "possible" in 2021,but realistically not likely.

Hoping it returns to its former glory this fall.
There is so much food that you need to really plan ahead. We spend 2-3 days for the festival.
They have had some great bands play at Eat to the Beat.
Agree with avoiding weekends. Crazy busy in previous years.

Thank you! I agree with the later it gets the more the drunks come out, I've seen this behaviour at Epcot when it's not Food and Wine, cant imagine it during. Do you have a favorite you frequent in World Showcase to recommend?
I recommend the cheese soup and filet in Canada, the Grand Marnier slushie in France, limoncello and Amarone in Italy, Kalua pork sliders in Hawaii, jerk chicken at Islands of the Caribbean, poutine at the Refreshment Port (near Canada), charcuterie in Spain, and mac n cheese at Active Eats. Not all of these are offered every year though.

I want all of that! All of the food you mentioned is right up my alley. Thank you for your input. I will be adding those to my list :dance3::tigger:

General tips:

Have a great time!
Like others , I'm wondering if anyone out there has an idea of the dates for 2021? We have reservations for Oct31- first week of November so hopefully it is covered-lol!

Like others , I'm wondering if anyone out there has an idea of the dates for 2021? We have reservations for Oct31- first week of November so hopefully it is covered-lol!
It's usually end of August to middle of November so you should be covered

The only thing I would add is a little planning helps. There are so many options, it is hard to pick. We usually read all the reviews and pick a few favorites and make them a note on our phone. Those are the ones we really "have" to try. But we usually pick a few others as the inspiration hits as we make the way around the world.

We are not at 15 years, but we have done a number of them. We have a now 14 year old, and love disney in October, with this being one of the reasons. He is not a great eater, but even he finds things and even looks forward to Epcot (other times of the year epcot is not on his list, other than to hit a couple quick rides).

And we booked for october this year, so fingers are crossed with everyone else.

Taylor Dayne usually performs at eat to the beat. She was booked for oct 2020 prior to all being cancelled. On her website she has the same weekend booked for October 2021. Not sure if they just shifted 2020 to potential 2021 dates or if any other performers plan to do the same. We were there this past November and it's not the same without the concert. We won't be returning until characters and concerts return... had a great time in November did every ride plenty of time great mask compliance and felt very safe. But due to the cost there are other places we can venture for half the price and get all the rides in.. as well as remain closer to home.

My husband and I have been waiting for the 50th and Food and Wine so I hope things will be better by September!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter