Food and Wine in the rain

ashleymrush

DIS Veteran
Looking for advice - my family and I will be going to Food and Wine this Friday and there’s an 80% chance of rain (as of now). I’m wondering if anyone can give tips on how to navigate the festival in the rain (with two boys 9 and 6). I’m hoping the forecast changes but figured I’d try to plan ahead in case it doesn’t. It’s the only day we can go to the festival.

Don't worry about it. An 80% chance of rain doesn't mean its going to rain 80% of the time. Instead it means that at some point during the day there's an 80% chance you'll actually get some rain. Most likely any rain that does happen will pass in 15 minutes. Just duck into a shop/show for a while.

Don't worry about it. An 80% chance of rain doesn't mean its going to rain 80% of the time. Instead it means that at some point during the day there's an 80% chance you'll actually get some rain. Most likely any rain that does happen will pass in 15 minutes. Just duck into a shop/show for a while.

Thanks. I'm actually from FL and am very familiar with the weather. We will have ponchos and umbrellas with us. I just didn't know if anyone had a spot that was best to get some foods from the festival from and sit down to enjoy the food in a covered spot. That's the kind of thing I was looking for. My oldest is a HUGE Pokemon fan so I know that if I'm by Japan, we can spend a lot of time in their store. We are Disney vets, just trying to think ahead. I'll likely do a lot of hiding out in the festival center this year since they have a mimosa bar. :)

We were just there, and while we didn't deal with any rain, it was pretty darn hot so we were constantly looking for some relief from the sun. We took refuge, sometimes for hours, in the building where the LightLab is, right next to Club cool (I'm sure there is a proper name for it, but the name escapes me at the moment)...Pretty close to the "non-country" food kiosks, like flavors from fire, coastal eats, active eats, chocolate lab, etc. Air conditioning, tables, couches, bathrooms, water fountains. Either my wife or I would wait at a table and the other would go round up some food samples from the different kiosks (bring a little tray, it's very handy!). Like I said, not close to the country pavilions, but most of those have buildings which you can hide in to escape any rain. It was our home away from home during the F&W festival!

Heavy rains will shut it down, but once it slows they do reopen fairly quickly.

In the countries, your best bet for shelter is usually the shops - although the American Pavillion has a few tables with umbrellas near the QS location housed there and a few picnic tables that are partially covered tucked behind the Americas booth. In Germany, there is a very small area that is covered back by Beirgarten.

Looking for advice - my family and I will be going to Food and Wine this Friday and there’s an 80% chance of rain (as of now). I’m wondering if anyone can give tips on how to navigate the festival in the rain (with two boys 9 and 6). I’m hoping the forecast changes but figured I’d try to plan ahead in case it doesn’t. It’s the only day we can go to the festival.
We've been there and done it! And we had a blast! The rain kept many people away from the Festival. But, we decided to enjoy it. We wore baseball caps with ponchos( great for those with eyeglasses). At some points, the water was mid calf, so make sure everyone has good traction on the bottoms of their shoes.We also wore crocs or sandals.Have an idea what you want to eat. Review this website. It's awesome! http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-booths-menus-and-food-photos/
Look for places to escape the rain. http://magicguides.com/disney-attractions-to-escape-the-rain/ or https://waltexpress.com/top-5-attractions-for-rainy-days-at-epcot/ I hope this helps. Margaritas were very enjoyable in the rain! Let the kids have fun splashing around. In ponchos, who cares! Best wishes for a great time! Keep laughing, it's not that bad.:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter