food budget

Ms.Cat

Earning My Ears
Hi everybody,

In order to plan my trip better could anybody tell me what a reasonable food budget would be? My husband and I are travelling withoout kids, so basically it will be two adults for a week. We will be able to have breakfast in our room. I know thaat keeps the prices down. What else can we do to save money on food?

Thanks,

Use counter service and share meals at the sit down places, you always get way too much food and feel quilty about wasting it.

Use counter service and share meals at the sit down places, you always get way too much food and feel quilty about wasting it. I've even ordered kid's meals at some of the counter service places.

look at the menu databases at either www.wdwinfo.com or at www.wdwig.com

i havent seen the one at wdwinfo but it sounds good. that should give you a pretty good idea as to where you want to eat, what type of food they have, and what the prices are.

good luck planning.

Thanks for replying so soon.
I was wondering about how much money you normally budget for food. It looks like food will be the biggest, most expensive part of the trip. Is that normally the case?

Food can be the most expensive part of your budget depending on what you want. We budget around $100 a day for my husband and I. Some days we use less, some days more so it does even out. I don't like doing counter all the time and want option to try some of DW's restaurants. Also we love the character meals!

I've found the Birnbaum's WDW travel guide quite reliable, and it recommends about $50 a day. Although, that may change depend on where you eat.. And how many snacks you have.. ;)

Eating lunch in your room, or carrying snacks (granola bars, etc.) to the parks to tide you over from breakfast to lunch is a great way to save on food. I have read before about sharing a dinner. I guess we must just be big eaters, but we were always glad we each had our own dinner. We dined at 11 different full service restaurants during our 12 day stay in Dec. and never felt the meals were big enough for two adults to dine on. Didn't leave all that much on the plates either. So I guess I'm saying don't count on saving money by sharing meals. It may not pan out for you.

Another thing you could try to do is find coupons for some of the Downtown Disney restaurants, such as Rainforest Cafe, Planet Hollywood, or Mcdonalds. I once found a $5.00 off coupon online for Planet Hollywood. One of the things that I usually do when I'm in Disney, is to eat a big breakfast, and skip lunch. Not only will you save money doing that, but then you won't have to waste time eating lunch when you could be enjoying the rides at the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter