Foot Care

tinofan

Mouseketeer
I had gotten this tip last year for our trip and it worked GREAT... spray your feet with anti-perspirant before heading out. We never had a problem with blisters the whole week we were there (in humid September).
FYI - this also works great in the winter if you ski! Your feet won't sweat so they won't get cold!
We're going to WDW again this October, we'll be bringing our can of Secret! ;)

Also, a good tip for the ladies-- if you spray underneath where you wear your "top undergarment" with the spray deoderant, you wont sweat underneath it. And that tip really really works!! Nothing worse than an icky sweaty undergarment! :)

Also,spray your back really good too and if the sun hits its and you sweat, your shirt wont stick to ya! :)

but i thought this is how the body cools itself and if you spray deodorant all over is it not like plugging up you airconditioner vents. would you not in turn be hotter. just a thought;)

I never really noticed not being any hotter, I just noticed that my clothes didnt stick to me and the sweat was not unbearable. I mean, it isnt a total drastic change, not that you wouldnt sweat at all...it just helps alot. :)

I used Arrid Xtra Dry cream on my feet last year and didn't get blisters. On the last park day, I forgot & put my shoes & socks on without it.........got blisters that day! I'm a believer!

Ok, this may sound dumb... normally, I use solid anti-perspirant...
but should I use just any spray for my feet---as long as it's anti-perspirant and not just deodorant??

and just spray away and put my socks on after it kind of dries? I was going to go to REI and get some of those wick socks, I know they're expensive, but the anti-perspirant sounds easier (and a lot cheaper!!)

I've also read, to wear 2 pairs of thin socks and that should keep the sweat away from your feet...

We (all 5 of us) would just spray the anti-perspirant on our feet, let it dry then put the socks on.
Worked great for us.
We don't do this every day, only at WDW and when we ski. I agree with a poster about that is how your body cools itself. I normally don't use anti-perspirant al all for that reason, but a few day a year is worth it.
Hope it helps!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter