FoP at Rope Drop without going crazy?

DavidNYC

DIS Veteran
Planning on doing a morning at rope drop for FoP since I'd like to go through the normal line once in addition to my FP. For those of us who prefer to get to rope drop more like 30 -45 minutes prior to opening and do a brisk but reasonable walk to FoP, what have been your experiences on wait times. I keep seeing all these posts about the people who get there 90 minute early and are off FoP pretty much when the park opens. But for the rest us who figure we'll be in the middle of the rope-drop pack and are hoping for a 30-45 minute line, how will we fare? (This will be early November).

If people are finding that the wait builds to over an hour even for those there 45 minutes prior to opening, we'll go earlier, but I'd be fine with a moderate wait for that one to see the queue details.

We just got back from Disney and we did EMH for the animal kingdom. We had fastpasses for FOP but at 8am the app was showing a wait time of 45 mins and 815 when we walked into the park the wait time was over an hour.

The rest of the morning the line was never under an hour and 30 mins and the regular (non EMH) crowd showed up and the line never got shorter.

If you are staying on the resort uber it to the park and you are not avoid the EMH and get there an soon as you can. Either way you either be waiting in line for the ride or for rope drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter