FOP estimated wait time off by a lot

MomtothreeEs

I spend way too much time searching for ADRs...
We’re stuck in the standby line for FOP. When we entered the line, the wait was post as 85min. It’s been 1 hour 45 min, and we still have a LONG way to go. I’m hearing estimates of another 60 minutes to go. Omg! I’m so frustrated. We’ve already wasted this much time, so I hate to walk out, but this is really disappointing. We never would have entered the line if it was posted for this long. Even the touring plans line app said it was a good time to get in line when we did. Does this happen frequently? Did the ride go down? Anyone know what’s up?

Unfortunately, I have not found any estimated wait time for a Pandora ride to be correct. It can change so quickly because the estimate is based off of someone with a card that entered the line well before you did. A large group could have entered right before you or the FP+ line may have backed up. However, if the ride went down I believe they would have announced something. Good Luck! Its an amazing ride but the wait time is exhausting!

A lot of it seems to be because they cannot keep all of the theaters running. I ended up waiting 4 hours, when it was posted as 60 mins, due to technical issues. It was still running, but at a much lower capacity. Once they can get it all going steady, I can see the wait times becoming a lot more accurate.

We’re stuck in the standby line for FOP. When we entered the line, the wait was post as 85min. It’s been 1 hour 45 min, and we still have a LONG way to go. I’m hearing estimates of another 60 minutes to go. Omg! I’m so frustrated. We’ve already wasted this much time, so I hate to walk out, but this is really disappointing. We never would have entered the line if it was posted for this long. Even the touring plans line app said it was a good time to get in line when we did. Does this happen frequently? Did the ride go down? Anyone know what’s up?

While you wait, you might as well keep refreshing and see if you can get an FP. I have stumbled on same day FPs for FoP before.

I kept looking for fastpasses, but for a party of 5 it just wasn’t happening!

The ride was great! It really was. But I would not have gotten in line if I had known the wait was more like 2.5 hours instead of the posted 1.5. It really messed up our touring plans. Missed out on Nemo and then the line for Everest was super long. My kids were exhausted from the long FOP wait, so we just left the park without trying anything else.

Now to decide if we’d rather go to Hollywood Studios or back to AK on Saturday. I’ll see what the family decides.

On a positive note for everyone else, I’m going to go in and release my ROL FP for 5 now. At least someone else can enjoy.

I kept looking for fastpasses, but for a party of 5 it just wasn’t happening!

The ride was great! It really was. But I would not have gotten in line if I had known the wait was more like 2.5 hours instead of the posted 1.5. It really messed up our touring plans. Missed out on Nemo and then the line for Everest was super long. My kids were exhausted from the long FOP wait, so we just left the park without trying anything else.

Now to decide if we’d rather go to Hollywood Studios or back to AK on Saturday. I’ll see what the family decides.

On a positive note for everyone else, I’m going to go in and release my ROL FP for 5 now. At least someone else can enjoy.
Ugh sorry. That is so messed up. I'm glad you got to experience it but wow.

I watched Touring Plans live on Fbook for a little bit today. He walked FOP by when the line was showing 120 minutes. The CM he spoke to on camera said that the line had showed 85 minutes and everyone flooded the line causing it to jump to 120. Remember the wait time is only the measurement of the last time the red scanning tag made it to thru the line. You could have 1,000 guests enter the line immediately afterward and blow up the line (case in point here unfortunately for you).

I watched Touring Plans live on Fbook for a little bit today. He walked FOP by when the line was showing 120 minutes. The CM he spoke to on camera said that the line had showed 85 minutes and everyone flooded the line causing it to jump to 120. Remember the wait time is only the measurement of the last time the red scanning tag made it to thru the line. You could have 1,000 guests enter the line immediately afterward and blow up the line (case in point here unfortunately for you).
I’m curious how the lines app does it differently. It’s just rider reported, right? So wouldn’t it also be out of date by however long it took the user to go through the line?

I don’t know if it was considered “crowded” today, but it was definitely more than crowded than our May 2014 trip. Last time we loved AK so much that we canceled our second day of MK and went there instead. This time I left feeling really disappointed. If not for promising my DD to go back and see the Nemo show, I would have no desire to ever go back. Something changed at AK. It doesn't have the same feel as last time. Definitely more amusement park and less zoo. I just read a thread on here recently about whether it should be more one way or the other. I guess my family preferred the zoo idea more. Oh well.

We had a blast at Epcot yesterday. Hopefully MK will be more magical tomorrow. Fingers crossed! :)

Oh. On another good note, while we were waiting I finally scored the BOG ADR I was looking for! Woohoo! I’m thankful Disney made the queue WiFi/cell friendly. :)

I don’t know if it was considered “crowded” today, but it was definitely more than crowded than our May 2014 trip. Last time we loved AK so much that we canceled our second day of MK and went there instead. This time I left feeling really disappointed. If not for promising my DD to go back and see the Nemo show, I would have no desire to ever go back. Something changed at AK. It doesn't have the same feel as last time. Definitely more amusement park and less zoo. I just read a thread on here recently about whether it should be more one way or the other. I guess my family preferred the zoo idea more. Oh well.

We had a blast at Epcot yesterday. Hopefully MK will be more magical tomorrow. Fingers crossed! :)
Awww...I'm sad to hear that, Mom.

Glad you had a blast at Epcot, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter