FOP...what would you do?

Pharmgirl123

Mouseketeer
My family and I will be heading to AK tomorrow and the 18th. Sadly, I was only able to grab a FOP fastpass for the 18th. But I did manage to grab a 8:10 Tusker House PPO (park opens at 9). Which option would you pick for shortest wait times/less headaches?

1. Stick to the PPO reservation and catch FOP right before park closes.
2. Ditch the breakfast reservation and rope drop FOP.

Thanks for the help!

Depends on how early you can get to RD. If you can get there an hour early then I’d go with rope drop. Otherwise, keep the adr and hit it at closing.

That being said, keep checking the app! Lots and lots of reports of same day FP being available/released day of. Just keep checking, just keep checking.....:)

Depends on how early you can get to RD. If you can get there an hour early then I’d go with rope drop. Otherwise, keep the adr and hit it at closing.

That being said, keep checking the app! Lots and lots of reports of same day FP being available/released day of. Just keep checking, just keep checking.....:)

I have no problem being at rope drop at 7am! The problem is convincing the family to wake up early! :rotfl2:

I have been hitting that refresh button constantly since my 60 days opened up...but no luck! I’m still hoping I’ll magically snag one tonight!

I have no problem being at rope drop at 7am! The problem is convincing the family to wake up early! :rotfl2:

I have been hitting that refresh button constantly since my 60 days opened up...but no luck! I’m still hoping I’ll magically snag one tonight!
It seems like they are releasing some day of so thee is still a chance!

As far as I know I've only seen that a PPO at AK has no benefit for FoP. Maybe that could've changed by now.

I personally would pay to rush through breakfast to try to beat a few people. I'd just rope drop FoP

I like Tusker House, and didn't enjoy FOP at all, so I'd skip FOP and enjoy a leisurely meal at Tusker House.

Sunday night 12/10, we jumped into the FOP line around 7:45 p.m. and it took about an hour, the outside switchbacks were completely empty as well as part of the inside. Tonight we went through Pandora at about the same time as Sun. and the FOP line was substantially longer than Sun. night, it was all the way out beyond the FP entry, we chose to skip it tonight as we’d FP’ed it earlier today. So even the late night strategy may be hit and miss as more people utilize it.

Well my family decided to choose Tusker over FOP since we have a fastpass for FOP on the 2nd day. We are going to head to Pandora right after breakfast so I’ll report how crazy the lines are at FOP!

I agree with the approach your family chose. Since you have a FOP fastpass on another day, you will be riding it this trip. I would not make major schedule adjustments to do an attraction twice, especially at the expense of eliminating another special event.

I agree with the approach your family chose. Since you have a FOP fastpass on another day, you will be riding it this trip. I would not make major schedule adjustments to do an attraction twice, especially at the expense of eliminating another special event.

I agree. You already have a FP for it. Do what you want the first day and if you get to ride it that's a bonus ride. If not you still have the 18th.

UPDATE!! So we went to Tusker House and it was delicious!!!! We were seated at 8 and were out at 8:45ish. The line for FOP was insane so we just walked around until our Na’vi River fast pass started. I know a lot of people hated it but I thought it was cute!!

We are sitting at Yak and Yeti (so yummy!) right now and.... a FOP fastpass came up!!!!!! YAY!!! :banana::banana::banana:

UPDATE!! So we went to Tusker House and it was delicious!!!! We were seated at 8 and were out at 8:45ish. The line for FOP was insane so we just walked around until our Na’vi River fast pass started. I know a lot of people hated it but I thought it was cute!!

We are sitting at Yak and Yeti (so yummy!) right now and.... a FOP fastpass came up!!!!!! YAY!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Wow! Win-win!! Nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter