? For all you onsite car renters

mazzarafe

DIS Veteran
I know last time we rented from National I had dropped off my DH and our luggage along with 2 DD's at the curbside checkin spot for Delta. It took me about 15 minutes to return the car and get back to where I left them off. DH was waiting for me to check the luggage because he wanted to be able to deal with the kids and not have to get stressed over checking the luggage at the same time.

So my question to you is, what the heck do you do when you get to the airport with your luggage, kids and having to return your car? How do you all handle this without it turning into a nightmare? I know you are not suppose to "park" the car at the curb, but not sure how to manage this.

Maybe this trip I should have DH return the car and I can stay with the kids and take care of checking the luggage.

Please help!:(

I usually drop off the kids and my wife at curbside checkin - if the line isn't long, we check right in, they go inside and I meet them by security.
If the line is long, they wait at the check-in for me to come back from returning the car.

Dee drops me and the luggage off at the curb. He shows the skycap his ID and goes and returns the car. While he is on his mission, I check the bags with the skycap, get our boarding passes and we are good to go when he returns.
In your case, since the skycap does all the work, you just show ID, you should be able to keep the kids under control and check in.

I've never had a problem parking the car at the curb while I curbside check the luggage at either PIT or MCO for USAirways. It's usually only a few feet from the curbside stand, I keep an eye on it in case a cop would question it but none never have.

Debbie,
You are sure right about that at MCO, it seems the only time you are asked to move is if you are waiting for an arrival.

Thanks so much for all your responses. I had sent an email to MCO parking dept and they said that you could only keep the car at the curb while everyone else got out and unloaded the luggage while I stayed in the driver seat!

Just wanted to see how strict they really are with pulling up and getting curb side checkin done quickly. Those guys go so fast it makes my head spin.

I'll just have DH leave me if there is a line.

The policy and common precatives are usually different. Obviously, in writing, they will give you the official policy because of ecurity restrictions...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter