? For Anyone who Has Rented Van to Drive to WDW

cinlee3

<font color=green>I peeked at the presents one Chr
I am checking for a friend who will be driving from TX to FL 12/25 - 1/3/03.

What do you think would be the going rate to rent a minivan for 2 weeks? I have never done this. She currently has a van reserved for about $400.00 a week. Can she do better?

Thanks for any replies.

Our friend rented a van over memorial day week and it cost her almost $600. (We are in Indiana) I about choked when she told me. I tried my best to get her a lower rate, but the only thing I found was from Indy. It was about $400 a week, but that would have ment driving an hour, changing vehicles and paying for parking at the airport. ($58) It wasn't worth it for her to do that to save a little bit, I don't blame her.

Sometimes renting from home can be more expensive that renting at WDW.

We've often rented SUVs or cars to take on driving vacations. I just keep shopping & hope for the best.

One thing with a January trip. Some companies will not release discounts for January until after the 1st of the year, so something may come up after the holidays. Again, you have to keep checking :)

We're renting a minivan from Lake Charles for 10 days and paying 442.83. That's using National. Good luck!

We rented a van and drove from Ok. to Fl in 2000. We paid a whole lot more than $400! If that's unlimited mileage, I think it's a very good rate.

We rented a minivan from Dollar last February and for 9 days it came to about $350 with all taxes. The rate was $199 for a week, plus $40 each extra day.

Check mouseseavers.com for codes, there are several Dollar codes about right now for $200 or so per week, not including taxes.

Good luck!

I would advise anyone going this route to make sure taking it out of state is legal & that you have unlimited milage.

texmom, where did you rent this for such a great rate?

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
I would advise anyone going this route to make sure taking it out of state is legal & that you have unlimited milage.

texmom, where did you rent this for such a great rate?

I should have mentioned this in my post. From experience I can tell you this, make sure you get the unlimited mileage quote in writing. Also, be sure and tell them you're going to Fl. Some rental agencies allow out of state, but only to surrounding states.

I checked with my friend last night and she found a van for around $300.00 per week. I will let her know about the codes for Dollar. Also I will make sure she checks about the mileage and out-of-state. I would assume she would already know this, but I will make sure she does.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter