For the First Time In Forever.....A Disneyland reopening TR, Dark Ride photos and The End 5/8

following too. Sounds like you two are having a fun life and fun at DL.

Well with the exception of the last 13 months or so, our life has been pretty swell! At least with Disney open again, we have something to look forward to!

WE are going to visit this fall if it is opened up to out of state visitors:)

I really hope that it is open for out of state folks soon!

Looks like you had a great start to your first day back. Success on the boarding group, getting on so many attractions without wait... :thumbsup2

My turn to catch up here. ;)

I wonder how the bomb-sniffing dogs reacted.

But first I have to giggle at Mark's reply! :rotfl:
Fig & Lavender Cold Brew (Non-Alcoholic) – $6.50

That sounds like such an ODD combination, but I'd try it.

The rest of us decided to ride the Incredicoaster.

Kinda love that coaster.

Meanwhile, back in the room, Fran was nice enough to take pictures before we messed it all up. We always get a one bedroom (or larger), because Fran doesn't like the studio roulette. Meaning one of us gets the side of the bed without a nightstand and she can't even get in and out of the bed on the small side. We need the King size bed with night stands on both sides as a guarantee. Plus I love having the Jacuzzi tub, since mine at home are continuingly malfunctioning.

Very good reasons to get the room you do. I always wondered why you went that route.

x20DL0307FW02.jpg

Nice gang there. :)

I love these trees that bloom at this time of year.
We've talked about those trees there.

Who knew that this would be my last time to see Trader Sam?

:sad1:
they were giving riders these decoder cards like they gave out when it first opened.

Okay, that's pretty cool!!

After the ride, I said “see you later” to the clan, Jenny’s daughter Chloe had to go to work and I don’t even remember if she got to ride with us. Fran and I had to go back home because we forgot some stuff (like her meds). It turns out we had a miscommunication with our cat sitter, Naked Jim, and he didn’t realize that we left Friday afternoon, so he didn’t feed the cats Friday night or Saturday morning. All the cat food bowls were nearly empty, so I filled their crunchies, and gave them a round of canned cat food. I put a note telling Jim NOT to give them another round of cans, but nope he didn’t listen. He came by about 3-4 hours later and fed them again, throwing away all the cat food that I just gave them hours earlier. I learned that if we ever start traveling again, that I will text him the day we leave just to confirm that he should start feeding that night in case he entered it wrong in his phone.

Uh oh, another round of cat drama! This is not the first time...

Fran just wanted to take her meds and go back to bed. One of my texts between the gals earlier that day read “Fran thinks she shouldn’t have eaten the Nachos last night.” So I think her tummy was feeling rather rocky. Also she sometimes likes to just rest in the comfy beds while I hang out with my besties. I think she is partly relieved for me to have friends to hang out with at Disney and the hotel because it takes the pressure off her to be “up” and “having fun”, and she can just let me do what I want while she catches up on her sleep. When it’s just the two of us she feels pressure to keep me entertained and company.

It's honestly a great win-win solution for you both. :hug:

A whole year we didn’t do hardly anything, but then we got fully vaccinated midway through this month and we are ready to get back to doing things! Disney here we come!

YES!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
BUTTon mushrooms?

:rolleyes1

:lmao::lmao::lmao:
I learned they don't have the Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Skewer right now

Say what?!

There was absolutely no line going into the parking lot, and we found a space in Handicapped parking very easily. We were parked, with scooters unloaded, and exiting the structure at 10:11AM.

Whoa! Good going!

I wanting to try for Boarding Group for RotR at noon.

I had an hour to come back, just like FP. So instead of riding it right then we waited until noon, secured the BG and then I rode HM.

Excellent and professional level planning right there!

those of you who know me,
I'm sorry, who are you?
I also made lists of my favorite rides, and plan to tick them off over the coming weeks.
Don't tick them off too much, though. You might get banned.
today's menu would include Plaza Inn fried chicken
mmmmmm...

I really need to get back there for that.
Maybe some day.
Already love the top. Love the mask too!
Look at those smiles!! :goodvibes
Right off the bat Fran noticed that all the trash cans are propped open so you don't have to touch the flap that pushes in when you discard your trash.
Huh! And what a good idea. I either use the trash to push it open or an elbow if needed.
It took us less than 30 minutes from when we exited the structure until we passed through the turnstiles.
Not bad at all!
we didn't have $8K to blow on the original painting the HM ballroom.
I dunno. Would've been worth it. And I haven't even seen it!
we saw a socially distanced Cruella.
Love the shoes. :)
Next we went to the candy store, we will have to see which of these goodies end up coming home with us!
Top left. Candy apple. Thanks.
Since HM was still down,
:sad1:
Pretty empty.
Before BTMRR I though it prudent to visit the potty, and was amused by these signs near the sinks.
Why amused? Maybe I'm just used to seeing them.
Socially distanced roller coaster seating.
That looks like a lot of distance. Maybe 10'?
They made some changes to the blast scene. It's not quite as cool as it was when the ride first reopened, but they used the technology that they use in the Castle projections to make the rocks explode.
Huh!
We saw a socially distanced Red on the way.
Who looks a lot better than her animatronic.
I got my own truck that I drove!
Did you drive safely and use your turn signals?
I ended up running around (while it got cold) looking for a table in the shade.
Unfortunate. Lesson learned.

Also, re: HM.
So happy it opened up! I don't know what the refurbs were. I'd need to ride it again, I think, to notice. Or maybe I wouldn't notice.

Love how your mask matches your shirt!

Great start to your day!

Great update and pics! We also enjoyed the soft opening. I thought the Plaza Inn fried chicken was amazing! Double mashed, cannot go wrong. Looking forward to this coming Thursday as well. So fun to be normal again!!!!

Enjoying all the pictures. So nice to hear you had a great day. My dh thinks they should always keep the trash cans open :) He loved that part of WDW when we were there in September.

But first I have to giggle at Mark's reply! :rotfl:

One almost always has to giggle at Mark's replies!

That sounds like such an ODD combination, but I'd try it.

I think at that point I was looking more for adult drinks....it could be OK.

Kinda love that coaster.

Can't wait to ride that one! We still haven't been to DCA yet, but that will change!

Very good reasons to get the room you do. I always wondered why you went that route.

Besides those reasons mentioned, it's also nice having the two bathrooms. More often than not we have someone crashing on the couch, but when it's just the two of us I get the guest bathroom. Normally at home we have our own bathrooms....

Nice gang there. :)

We were a fun group!

We've talked about those trees there.

::yes::

Okay, that's pretty cool!!

When it first opened they hoped to keep guests engaged in line by solving the puzzles on the wall.

Uh oh, another round of cat drama! This is not the first time..

Nope and probably not the last, we had a little of that today.

It's honestly a great win-win solution for you both. :hug:

Yup! She's going to have to endure being my sole entertainment in 10 days!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Say what?!

I'm not exactly sure what is up with Covid protocols, but even last night, we asked where were the onion rings on the menus. Our server told us that due to restrictions they can't have them. Probably an issue of prep space in the kitchen. He assured us they would be back on the menu when things were back to normal. They probably chose the higher priced seafood type items and sides over something as cheap an onion rings.

Whoa! Good going!

:thumbsup2

Excellent and professional level planning right there!

Thank you very much. I still got it! :cool:

Last edited:
I'm sorry, who are you?

Who, who
Who, who

Don't tick them off too much, though. You might get banned.

I plan on kicking them off only once.

mmmmmm...

I really need to get back there for that.
Maybe some day.

Well, they're talking fully reopened by 4th of July. Just not sure what that means.

Already love the top. Love the mask too!

Thanks! Got to make the best of it!

Look at those smiles!! :goodvibes

We're ready to go!

Huh! And what a good idea. I either use the trash to push it open or an elbow if needed

I never even gave it a second thought. I guess I mostly used the trash to open the door.

Not bad at all!

I feel bad for the people who had to walk the distance. It was long!

I dunno. Would've been worth it. And I haven't even seen it!

Well, we also don't have any wall space left either. We already have to rotate pictures.

Love the shoes. :)

I had to go back and look, they were kinda crazy!

Why amused? Maybe I'm just used to seeing them.

I guess I don't use many public restrooms. And I suppose those that I have used may not have signs. Come to think of it, if we are out and need to use a restroom, we come back home, since we rarely go farther than five miles from our house.

That looks like a lot of distance. Maybe 10'?

I think it was more like 25% capacity so seating every four rows.

Who looks a lot better than her animatronic.

True.

Did you drive safely and use your turn signals?

I felt like the vehicle was out of my control, and I couldn't figure out where the signals were! I hate trying a new vehicle!

Also, re: HM.
So happy it opened up! I don't know what the refurbs were. I'd need to ride it again, I think, to notice. Or maybe I wouldn't notice.

I'm not sure for you, I ride it fairly often as I'm so close and it's one of my favorite rides. Plus I've done so many rides to get photos with my good camera, and looked at them a million times. Some changes were very obvious, others were pretty subtle.

Who, who
Who, who
:thumbsup2
I plan on kicking them off only once.
:laughing:
Well, they're talking fully reopened by 4th of July. Just not sure what that means.
I wonder if the border will open this summer. Doubtful.
I feel bad for the people who had to walk the distance. It was long!
That might have caused some issues with some people I’m sure
Well, we also don't have any wall space left either. We already have to rotate pictures.
Send some up here!

Happy to help. ;)
I think it was more like 25% capacity so seating every four rows.
Ah. Explains it.
I felt like the vehicle was out of my control, and I couldn't figure out where the signals were! I hate trying a new vehicle!
:laughing:
I'm not sure for you, I ride it fairly often as I'm so close and it's one of my favorite rides. Plus I've done so many rides to get photos with my good camera, and looked at them a million times. Some changes were very obvious, others were pretty subtle.
Yeah...... I probably wouldn’t have noticed.

Very well-coordinated for the magical return.

There were no trams on soft opening day so everyone walked the tram route.

Ugh. How long of a walk was that?

DCA was busier than Disneyland!

Huh. Wouldn't have guessed that.

It took us less than 30 minutes from when we exited the structure until we passed through the turnstiles. The train station!

party:

We went into the Emporium next. They didn't have a lot that interested us although I did spy these really cute aprons and hand towels. I need to replace a lot of mine at home.

Any excuse is a good one in a Disney gift shop.

And the rocks outside the bathrooms that are always covered with people sitting on them had these signs on them. However, it didn't seem to do a lot to deter people from sitting on them because later in the day when it was hot and people were tired, there were people sitting there.

I'm sure it always comes down to enforcement. Generally speaking, I think if people are following mask protocol there's no harm in sitting down for a bit.

The wait for BTMRR was up to 25 minutes now, but I went to get a return time and they let me right on.

I see the pixie dust is back, too!

WooHoo! So much fun. They made some changes to the blast scene. It's not quite as cool as it was when the ride first reopened, but they used the technology that they use in the Castle projections to make the rocks explode.

Wonder why they did that? The blast effects were awesome!

The app still said Temporarily closed, so we decided to go over and check it out. It had reopened within the last five minutes. The gal at the gate told me to go get a return time from the CM near the exit. I got the "return pass" for HM, and it was for 11:43, I was like, "It's 11:43 now?" Pretty cool no waiting!

Whatever works!

So instead of riding it right then we waited until noon, secured the BG and then I rode HM.

Hey, nice!

I noticed that Indy only had a 15 minute wait, so I rode it.

That sounds like a fun ride. I should try it sometime.

We split a chicken dinner, and I was plenty full eating my half of the portion.

Mmmm...Plaza chicken....

Next update will be on Galaxy’s Edge.

:hyper:

I saw hints you had started a trip report...your reports are some of my favorites Alison and I am so glad I found it! Not too far behind....so nice to be able to walk into Disneyland again. Your updates will help refresh my memory--its been way too long :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter