For those for whom holidays are difficult-

I've become very sensitive this week to how difficult holidays can be for people.

If that's you, here's a virtual hug and know that I'm praying for you/sending good thoughts your way.

You are remembered.
I hate to know that something happened that made you feel this way, but I appreciate that you're thinking of others in the struggle. Thanks, it feels good to be remembered.

I've become very sensitive this week to how difficult holidays can be for people.

If that's you, here's a virtual hug and know that I'm praying for you/sending good thoughts your way.

You are remembered.
Thank you for remembering those of us who are struggling. I lost my husband 6 weeks ago, and I'm finding it very hard to have much Christmas spirit. Knowing someone is thinking of others, as you are, brought a smile to my heart. :grouphug:

You are remembered.
Thank you Southernmiss!

Thanksgiving and Christmas have been a bit rough for me but I am in a better place now to handle this as I found out recently.

I lost my Dad in a car accident in 1981 just prior to Thanksgiving. He was traveling with my Mom and brother to watch one of my H.S. basketball games. My mom and brother were recovering in the hospital over the holidays. Over the years it has been a painful memory for me.

Fast forward to 2023. My DD24 underwent a successful surgery to remove a brain tumor a day before Thanksgiving. It was tough to hear ppl wishing each other "have a happy thanksgiving" but it didn't set me back.

Last edited:
Thank you for remembering those of us who are struggling. I lost my husband 6 weeks ago, and I'm finding it very hard to have much Christmas spirit. Knowing someone is thinking of others, as you are, brought a smile to my heart. :grouphug:
I am so sorry for your loss. May you find some moments of peace and joyful remembrance this holiday season. 💔❤️

OP, thank you for your post.
I have a dear friend who just lost her husband to a year long cancer fight
5 weeks ago (he was also a dear friend).

The wife of my cousin who died from Covid 2 years ago,
(without ever seeing his wife, children or grandchildren again
due to the hospital's Covid restrictions),
just lost their son (41) to a sudden heart attack last week.
She got a call from his work that he hadn't shown up (thank the Lord for the call),
and she had to go to his apartment.
She was the one who found him and the picture in her mind is
really giving her trouble.
His 42nd birthday was this month also (after he died).

Also, today is the anniversary of Pan Am 103.
My cousin was one of the victims among the college students.
I'm sure Christmastime is always difficult for the families
of the victims.

Thanks to all that have empathy for the people who are grieving.

T
I am so very sorry for your loss. I have been a widow for over 15 years. I promise you that it will get better with time. You never get over it, but you do get used to it. The “firsts” are very hard. All the best to you at this difficult time. We belong to a club that nobody wants to join. I’m sorry. 🙁

T

I am so very sorry for your loss. I have been a widow for over 15 years. I promise you that it will get better with time. You never get over it, but you do get used to it. The “firsts” are very hard. All the best to you at this difficult time. We belong to a club that nobody wants to join. I’m sorry. 🙁
Thank you so much. You're right, none of us want to be in this club, but it's just a part of life. I appreciate your post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter