For those of us not at the fort, what are your 4th plans?

lucy_love

DIS Veteran
Since the bulk of us, are unable to be at the Fort :guilty: for the 4th, what are your plans?

I came home from UF to be with the fam and my bf. Since we live in Clearwater, FL we will be going on the boat to eat at Frenchy's (best non-Disney restaurant ever) and then watch fireworks. :)

I hope the rain holds out :scared:

Happy Fourth of July everyone! :yay:

p.s. what happened to the smiley drinking "beer"

Howdy Neighbor,

I will be enjoying my 4th at work:scared1: , which is fine for me, usually I get trapped with inebriated family members on the forth.

Yard work and puppy sitting for DS who has a life. :rotfl:

It's Raining here. So re-staining the deck is out. Surf Dis-boards for the pictures of the GC parade. Later Go to Dad House for some burnt mistery meat of some kind from the Grill and then ride the old Wilmington and Western Railroad train to watch some Fireworks if the Rain stops

Hubby and I are headed to a neighbor's house for a BBQ (hamburgers and hot dogs). We go every year because they have the pool in the back yard. In our younger years we would play softball or volleyball. Now, however, the Louisiana heat is too much for us, so we just lie around the pool and chill.

We are going out in the boat later and watch our fireworks from there. Hopefully it won't rain.

We are suppose to be installing 5 custom made replacement windows for the back of our house. We tore out the first original window--opened the boxed new window--slipped it into the opening.......AND ITS 3" TOO SHORT!:scared1: The windows are all the same size---so all 5 windows are too small. We put the original window back in--nailed it in place, because we tore out all the old track. Since this is a holiday weekend we can't contact the company we ordered the windows from till Monday. I can just imagine the argument that is gonna happen----My husband will say they made the window the wrong size---and the company will say we gave them the wrong measurements. I feel like the old saying......"throwing money out the window" really fits this situation.
I could really use some pixie dustpixiedust: Hoping the company will take these back and give us the correct size .

I just took the family out to eat because its too damn hot to bbq...the grandson is hitting the age where going out to eat is no longer an option...my daughters were 2 before we had to stop going to restaurants, he's only 1. Guess he's advanced!!! The wife crutched her way through the place pretty well...she's getting good on those things!!
Im now sitting at the house listening to "She touched me, tell her to stop touching me!!!!" as I surf the Dis instead of trying to get some sleep before work tonight. This was SUPPOSED to be a great money making weekend...but the Essence Festival is here......uuuugghhhhhh!!!!! We had less than 150 customers last night, one of the worst nights Ive ever had at work!!!! Tonight will be worse, more than likely...the streets are PACKED with "gangsta thugs" who aint spending a dime anywhere in the city and are terrorizing the innocent, unsuspecting regular tourists. I should have went to the fort.

Siberian Huskey's shed like 4 gallons of hair a day during the summer...I wonder what would happen to him if I left him outside....would he come back bald???? 95% of my wardrobe is black.......the dogs white.....the lent brush is wearing out QUICK!!!!!!!!

I like turtles.

We had a Collie that shed like that, we got him shaved every spring after the first summer.

We'll be attending a Rough Riders baseball game here. Hot and sticky but fun. I love minor league.

Well lets see. We cleaned the trucks, mowed some yard, pulled some weeds, cleaned the pool, BBQ'd chicken served it with FRIED GREEN TOMATOs and fresh sliced from the garden cukes and tomatos with sweet ice tea.
Watched a rain blow thru, still looks nasty out.
Oh,and got the pontoon ready to go FISHING on Monday. (got a day off Monday).
Gonna spend the rest of the day praying Denise doesn't break out her honey-do list.

Just an update.

Big Kahuna, Gatordad, Stacktester, AuburnJen, and a few others are at Gatordad's site fixing to cook. CLKelly and Des1954 just went looping. We have been drinking heavily and the kungaloosh is flowing. BDD, we really do wish you were here.

We are suppose to be installing 5 custom made replacement windows for the back of our house. We tore out the first original window--opened the boxed new window--slipped it into the opening.......AND ITS 3" TOO SHORT!:scared1: The windows are all the same size---so all 5 windows are too small. We put the original window back in--nailed it in place, because we tore out all the old track. Since this is a holiday weekend we can't contact the company we ordered the windows from till Monday. I can just imagine the argument that is gonna happen----My husband will say they made the window the wrong size---and the company will say we gave them the wrong measurements. I feel like the old saying......"throwing money out the window" really fits this situation.
I could really use some pixie dustpixiedust: Hoping the company will take these back and give us the correct size .

Ah that what I was doing, but it was for replacing our patio sliding glass door with a Series 200 Anderson. Our house has aluminum siding that is no longer available and the door we have has a lip underneath the siding so I as cutting off that lip so the door can be removed without damaging the siding. The new door doesn't have a lip and the sides and top will be finished with "J-channel" trim pieces.

Next are the 25 yr old garage contractor grade doors with the Coplay Preminum ones.

Larry

I think Donnie meant BDR, he has had many, many drinks this afternoon. I am the sober one of the bunch. DH is out with the crowd and I am here with my son, who is having a meltdown in the back of the MH. I can't eat what they are cooking anyway, so I volunteered to get him to take a nap before the fireworks. Here is to hoping it works!

Happy 4th everyone! As soon as I find the USB cable, I will post the pics of the parade and such.

Hope your weather is good wish I was there but i'm home working on that honey do list and even worse found out my shower has a leak so i've been tearing out tile and now plywood to fix floor just how i wanted to spend my 4 th well waiting for Oct for my 15 days in FW can't get here fast enough have fun everyone and BE CAREFUL

I think Donnie meant BDR, he has had many, many drinks this afternoon. I am the sober one of the bunch. DH is out with the crowd and I am here with my son, who is having a meltdown in the back of the MH. I can't eat what they are cooking anyway, so I volunteered to get him to take a nap before the fireworks. Here is to hoping it works!

Happy 4th everyone! As soon as I find the USB cable, I will post the pics of the parade and such.

Rog too but I really wanted BDD to be here as well. Maybe next year we can all plan it out.

Just an update.

Big Kahuna, Gatordad, Stacktester, AuburnJen, and a few others are at Gatordad's site fixing to cook. CLKelly and Des1954 just went looping. We have been drinking heavily and the kungaloosh is flowing. BDD, we really do wish you were here.

Just rube it in why don't you. We painted the golf cart I got for my parents today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter