For those of you that have had a DVC stay recently

I was at BWV 12/26-1/1, and received a pin at check-in.

We checked into BCV on 12/23 and we received a pin.

It is the same pin we received on the Member Cruise. It was attached to the card with an invitation to the Merry Mixer. The last Mixer was the Thursday after Christmas. I know a friend that checked into BCV on Dec 30 and they received the pin too.

We checked into SSR on Dec 29 and did not receive the pin.

If there were only 7500 pins made and they gave away approx. 2,500 on the Member Cruise, that meant that there were only 5,000 left. They divided those among 5 DVC resorts (No reports from HHI or VB yet) so that is 1,000 per DVC. All the resorts were sold out, so I could see where VWL and BCV's pins would have lasted a little longer than SSR and OKW.

And I did see them for sale too, so some places may not have received a full allotment. Since the Mixer and the Member Update are held in the Epcot resort area, maybe they received more pins to pass out at checkin.

The dime in the second picture helps show the size:
17250391.f3e0b7.jpg

17250407.40214c.jpg

Received one at checkin at BCV on 1/8. Very nice.

Maybe each DVC resort received an equal number and the larger resorts ran out faster.
Gee, now I feel left out! I also checked into BCV that day and they didn't give me a pin.
No pin..no pistachio gelato...this is not good!

Gee, now I feel left out! I also checked into BCV that day and they didn't give me a pin.
No pin..no pistachio gelato...this is not good!

Oh, no....maybe you checked in after us and they ran out?:confused3 :confused3

We checked into BCV on Jan 13 and received the pin. Nice surprise. We were also pleasantly surprised to have a HUGE balcony in our studio room #560. It was practically as big as our room! We were also next to the elevator, so it was very convenient to get to the bus stop.

I agree with BCV23, each DVC resort probably received the same amount and the larger resorts exhausted their supply quicker. My sister and her family checked in to BCV on Jan. 15 and they got the pin. I am not sure about the holiday folder however. I will have to ask if they were given anything else. I can't understand how some people checked in days before my sis and her family and they didn't get a pin.

I can't believe how large the pin is. I am so jealous.

edit: looking at the above picture of the pin, it looks like it is attatched to the Holidays folder. It looks like it is an advertisement for the member discount that was good up until Jan. 20th.

We just checked out of SS on Jan 9th and did not get a pin!

Nope, we were at OKW the first two weeks of December, and no pin.

Hey - we didn't get a pin either! We were at BWV from Dec. 17th - 28th! :sad2:

-Michelle

We recieved the pin when we checked into VWL on January 1st. I'll try to post a picture. It came in a folder that says "Happy Holidays! A special gift from Disney Vacation Club". I thought it must be a Christmas thing. It's a limited edition of 7500.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhh! I checked in VWL on Dec 31st and didn't even get the regular folder.

We were there Dec. 13-19 and we did not receive any pins. We did get a "15 year" baseball cap at "Welcome Home Wednesdays"

We checked into SSR on January 13 and didn't receive a pin. I wonder what is up with that? However, our CM that checked us in wasn't the best at getting us checked in correctly anyway. Nothing big, just not what I am used to when we checkin.

We have snow in Illinois and I wish I was at WDW!:sad1:

We stayed at OKW the week of 11/06/06 and did not receive a pin at check-in. However, we struck up a conversation with the CM at the DVC sales desk while waiting for a table at 1900 Park Fare at the GF. He noted our pin lanyards and offered us one of the pins after he found out we were members.
It was a nice little suprise.

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter