For those of you who have done both DL and WDW...

lntsmom

<font color=teal>Soarin' is addictive!<br><font co
I'm considering a December '06 trip. Has anyone done both at Christmas time? Is the week before or the week after Christmas crazier?

Obviously, since we did Disneyland this year I'm leaning towards DisneyWorld. Part of my decision will be based on special offers and airfare. It's a long way off and I'm just starting to think about it, so any comparisons would be appreciated!

WDW is usually crowded the week before Christmas, but it's a great time. We've done Christmas there and found that Walk-in or Monorail resorts are just fantastic then. Lots of good decorations in the parks and special events. We even got a little present on our door Christmas eve.

As in Disneyland, the experience is magical -- just a little more immersive at WDW.

we have done both DL and WDW for the holidays.

Year 2003 DL Dec. 25 through 30th

VERY BUSY! Each day as it got closer to the New Year got more crowded with each day. The last 2 days there we left the parks by noon and did not return. DL has less options as far as places to go or places to eat when they are busy.

Year 2004 WDW Dec. 19 through 24th

Crowded but managable. We did a lot of resort hopping to look at decorations and try different restaurants. We did not ride a lot of rides and that was okay. We enjoyed ourselves and DH said he would do it again.

Stick to before Christmas for either option. From 25th through New Years it is CRAZY!

We went to WDW on January 3-9 in 2001 for our honeymoon and it was great! The holiday crowds had left and the parks were wonderful.

lntsmom said:
I'm considering a December '06 trip. Has anyone done both at Christmas time? Is the week before or the week after Christmas crazier?

I have done both DL and WDW for the holidays. As the others have mentioned, the week between Christmas and New Year's is the busiest. But if you arm yourself with that knowledge, then you will be prepared for anything and can still have an absolutely ~magical~ vacation (I know that we did). Have fun planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter