• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those who are freaking out about getting SDD or FOP

Thanks for the report. Even right at 60 days from today doesn't seem "all that bad" relatively speaking from the info below (screenshots as of 8AM ET for FP 7/19, which is 60 days from today). Granted 60 day FP availability can vary on any given day, but this seems pretty manageable to me.

ETA, this search was for 2 people.

SDD FPs as of 8am 5-20-18.png

FoP FP as of 8AM 5-20-18.png

Last edited:

My guess is that the ease of getting these fp's at 60 days is simply a sign that July will (as with last year), be relatively light crowds. Summer is no longer a busy time at Disney, hence lots of fp availability. Those planning trips in, say, October - or even January -might have a lot more to worry about in terms of getting what they hope for.

My guess is that the ease of getting these fp's at 60 days is simply a sign that July will (as with last year), be relatively light crowds. Summer is no longer a busy time at Disney, hence lots of fp availability. Those planning trips in, say, October - or even January -might have a lot more to worry about in terms of getting what they hope for.

Very much agree with this.

Also, with some persistence there appears to be a good chance that you will be able to get (or improve) your FP, even for these rides. I was a 60+1 for FoP when I booked it, got one for late on the day and have improved my time twice in the last month. I just had to check 3 or 4 times daily.

So happy to see availability. Hope everyone is right about light summer crowds too. We will be there for a short weekend in August!

While I haven’t actually ridden it yet, based on my FP booking experience and what I have read on the boards, it doesn’t appear to be anything that we haven’t experienced before as Disney fans. The same type of “hype” surrounded SDMT, Soarin, and TSM. When they first opened. Using the normal tricks seems to be enough to make the experience tolerable from what I am reading.

Touring plans did a video on rope drop of FoP and what the experience is like. I have included the link below.

My guess is that the ease of getting these fp's at 60 days is simply a sign that July will (as with last year), be relatively light crowds. Summer is no longer a busy time at Disney, hence lots of fp availability.

Here's hoping you're right! :goodvibes

Can someone do a search but with 7 people and see how big group searches works out?

The difference a day makes. 60 days from today is Friday, 7/20. HS has both AM EMH (7-8am) and PM EMH (10:30-12:30AM). I can only do a search for 6, but there was no FP availability for SDD when I just checked.

Oddly, there is still available for the day before. I guess that shows what a Friday in the summer with attractive EMHs can do. :-)

I booked FOP for 8 people right at 7 am 60plus 1. I didn’t check any other days. We were going in the afternoon after brunch at chef Mickey so I didn’t need early time.
Unfortunately I was so excited and I forgot my strategy. Computers crashed with free dining release same day.... and I couldn’t get toy story:-( (old one) we literally leave day before you sroey land open.
Kerri

While I haven’t actually ridden it yet, based on my FP booking experience and what I have read on the boards, it doesn’t appear to be anything that we haven’t experienced before as Disney fans. The same type of “hype” surrounded SDMT, Soarin, and TSM. When they first opened. Using the normal tricks seems to be enough to make the experience tolerable from what I am reading.

Touring plans did a video on rope drop of FoP and what the experience is like. I have included the link below.

That video of the line... ridiculous :sad2: I just wouldn't do it.

I did laugh when he said be excellent to each other :rotfl2: Now I want to watch Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

I was able to get SDD 60 days out for early July trip, party of 4 on 7/9 early in the morning. There was a lot of availability that day and previous days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter