For those who have flown out of Ottawa in August...

Nutbean

Mouseketeer
...what is a reasonable amount to expect to pay for a decent flight? Our dates are August 14-23.

We normally go in September. Last year we paid $275/person to fly with Delta (booked April 24, the same day free dining came out) and previous years, the best prices for good flight times in September was around $350/person and I usually waited until July before I saw it go down to that.

I like an early morning flight so we arrive ideally before noon and then I prefer to leave Orlando a bit later (afternoon or evening) so we can at least enjoy breakfast before we head to the airport.

I haven't seen anything decent for much less than $500. If I were to book now, the flights I like best are $520/person.

I keep holding out, hoping it would go down more but I'm starting to think it's not going to happen. It's so much more than what I paid (or could pay) if we went in September again. Not an option this year as my daughter starts University in the fall.

I've also looked at flights out of Montreal, Toronto, Plattsburg, Ogdensburg, Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo. We could fly out of Buffalo on Frontier for around $330/person after I account for parking, gas and baggage fees but the 5.5 hour drive each way is a total buzz kill.

Advice?

We are doing Aug 29-Sep 3. Booked in march. Flight was around $400 all in leaving yow-yul-mco / mco-yyz-yow

Around 6am depart arrive before 11am

Return is noon to arrive 530 because of back to school next day. Wanted time to get home settled and early bed

I cashed in airmiles, flight was free. But the price coming up was $400

I know it has gone up since.

Personally I wouldnt do the drive for 5.5 hours.

Have you looked at mixing airlines? Depart with one return with another? Flight centre website helps with flight schedules mixing like that

I hope you find a good fare! Im blown away with your previous $275!!!

Still too early to book - best prices are usually around 1.5-3 months out, see - https://www.cheapair.com/blog/2018-...to-buy-flights-based-on-917-million-airfares/

Mind you that's US domestic flights but I've found CAN-US flights to hold true for that (save March break, Christmas, etc.). Just plug your dates into Hopper or Kayak and see what they recommend. I'd also find the flights you actually want and setup a google flights notification for them as well.

You can do the dates you want out of Rochester NY (not your preferred times) direct flights for 290US on Southwest. Depending on how many of you are going that may be worth the 4 hr drive. You could drive down the morning of the flight and back home upon arrival in Rochester. Parking at the US airports is a lot cheaper than Ottawa.

No baggage fees on Southwest and the bonus is you're a domestic flight for the return home so you can check your bags at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter