Former WDWCP Intern

Jungle Skipper

<font color=purple>I know the secret of the backsi
Hi everyone!

I'm Jungle Josh, a former WDW College Program Intern and I LOVE to share my stories and answer questions about my time as on the WDWCP. Feel free to ask questions or PM me.

Jungle Josh! :wizard:

If there is anything more I want my WDWCP experience to be, it would still have to be that i get to be a jungle cruise skipper. How would I got about it?

I hope to do the program spring of next year.

I've sat through two seminars on my campus because I'm a nerd :)

hey Josh when was your program? I'm from Spring Advantage 01 on BTMRR..

^^Now the question is, did you answer the trivia questions correctly during the presentations?

Jungle Skipper said:
Hi everyone!

I'm Jungle Josh, a former WDW College Program Intern and I LOVE to share my stories and answer questions about my time as on the WDWCP. Feel free to ask questions or PM me.

Jungle Josh! :wizard:

Hey Josh, when were you there? I did the CP in the Summer of '98. Thats back when they had the program for just the summer.

teh fish said:
^^Now the question is, did you answer the trivia questions correctly during the presentations?

Yes, with my Mickey head pen in hand.

Another former CP here :) Spring Advantage 02. I worked at
Cosmic Ray's.

JCTigger said:
hey Josh when was your program? I'm from Spring Advantage 01 on BTMRR..

I was Spring of 2001....Main Street USA, Emporium/Disney Clothiers/Main Street Athletic Club....stayed through the summer working Fastpass and the Jungle Cruise.

I worked BTMRR all the time when I was a FastPass CM....maybe we've met!

If there is anything more I want my WDWCP experience to be, it would still have to be that i get to be a jungle cruise skipper. How would I got about it?

I don't know of any way to for sure make it happen, just let the recruiter know it would be your dream job! I was on Main Street on my CP..moved to Jungle afterwards!

Now the question is, did you answer the trivia questions correctly during the presentations?

I sure did!

I hope to do the program spring of next year. I've sat through two seminars on my campus because I'm a nerd

Join the club, I went to two seminars...I drove 3 hours to go to an interview because I couldn't make the one at my campus! I'm CRAZY about WDW! I miss it.

Jungle Josh

So yeah I just found out one of my sorority sisters has been working at Jungle Cruise seasonally since Spring of 2003!!

I worked in the Emporium too!! I did Spring 2003. Such interesting and good memories of that store...

I worked in Merch at the GF during Spring Advantage 02, and I was an advanced inntern in the CDS office at MGM in Spring of 03.

The 1st time wasn't the greatest, but the 2nd time was a blast :)

FunkyRooster said:
I worked in the Emporium too!! I did Spring 2003. Such interesting and good memories of that store...

I miss the Emporium....I loved that place....I miss Center Street though...I hate that they took that away

Jungle Josh

i guess i am an oldie.....

fall 96.....hollywood and vine cafeteria (it wasn't a character meal back then)

a current coworker now (at my real job!) was also on the program, but even older.....back in 1986 or so (probably when some of you were born!), but he was a jungle cruise skipper back then....

Hey guys!
I am so very interested in doing the internship program, but the only thing that is holding me back is the 6 months I would take away from school. Are there any loop-holes or other shorter options? The reason why I want to do the internship is because my dream career would be some sort of special event manager for Disney! Could there possibly be any other options available? Also, is it ideal to do the internship at Disney if you want to have any sort of chance to have a career there?

Thank you! :)

teh fish said:

hehe DISers ruled that presentation...teh fish got one, I got one, and my fiance got the other (while he's not a DISer, he's marrying into it ;) )

We got antenna balls, graduation ones...One is on my car right now! (Yes it's 7 months since I graduated, SHHH!! don't tell)

If you look at my signature I did the college program summer of 1995 as a deep water lifegaurd at Blizzard Beach. I have to tell you even at the age of 31 now....that is still the best summer of my life. So enjoy it. I was living at good old Vista Way 2305. Wow what memories. Later

disneyana_5 said:
Hey guys!
I am so very interested in doing the internship program, but the only thing that is holding me back is the 6 months I would take away from school. Are there any loop-holes or other shorter options?

I was there as a CP Fall 2002, working in Epcot as a Rescue Ranger. My college runs on quarters so Disney allowed me to arrive in September and leave at the beginning of January - that's just four months. You should definately be able to get a shorter stay.

Philadisney,
Thank you for that information! The reason why I am so keen on having a shorter internship is because as of right now my class schedule will allow me to have my last semester free to do an internship. Meaning i have from January until graduation in May to complete it. Although my college doesn't have quarters, I have basically the same amount of time free that you did. Do you think Disney would possibly take that into consideration? Who did you or who would I need to contact about arrangements like these or just in general? Sorry for so many questions! :)

Thanks again!

I would call or email recruiting and ask - you may be able to do the full 6 months (if you wanted) I'm sure that paperwork could be completed based on the date that your school needed it. I did the fall 2000 program and I remember one of the CPs in my area needed all of her stuff done a month earlier than the end of the program and it was no problem. And I'm sure that you could request the time off to go back home and attend your graduation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter