Forum pecking order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaghetti Cat

[ ignore poster ]
I've observed some off topic discussions about government actions in response to the coronavirus.

I've also noticed that in a single thread, some posters are tolerated, some warned, and others deleted. All are chiming in on the same topic.

As a moderator, if you are going to interpret posts of this nature as political or off topic then please try to treat them all the same way.

I've observed some off topic discussions about government actions in response to the coronavirus.

I've also noticed that in a single thread, some posters are tolerated, some warned, and others deleted. All are chiming in on the same topic.

As a moderator, if you are going to interpret posts of this nature as political or off topic then please try to treat them all the same way.

There are DEFINITELY posters who get away with a lot more than the average poster. There are also posters who get away with a LOT less than is being said now in certain threads.

It’s an unfair system but I don’t think there’s any way to change it. Heck, we might get point for even talking about this. 🤷

I don't think the term pecking order would be the right reference. Not if that would have to do with how long a person has been here or how much they participate.

I noticed this with a comment I had made last week. I contacted the moderator and asked for clarification. The moderator responded pretty quickly, and we had a couple of messages between us. I thought the moderator seemed pretty amicable about the situation. I certainly don't envy any of the moderators trying to keep up with things!

Keep in mind that it's a violation to criticize mods publicly. If anyone has an issue with a mod, the proper way to address it is by PMing the mod.

I do find it amazing that people have some sort of ESP to know who got how many points from which thread and how they were cheated , but their ESP doesn't enable them to divine that particular posting guideline.

I noticed this with a comment I had made last week. I contacted the moderator and asked for clarification. The moderator responded pretty quickly, and we had a couple of messages between us. I thought the moderator seemed pretty amicable about the situation. I certainly don't envy any of the moderators trying to keep up with things!

Some mods are better than others. Last time I got points, I 100% deserved them but asked a question and the mod never got back to me. They never do.

Another mod alway answers when I ask a question. I like getting points from them LOL

It's not really hard to follow the rules of this board, but there will always be those that push the envelope.

I hate when people get jumped on over and over for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter