Freaking creepy!

Domo

Wotcha
I was idly looking into Las Vegas holidays next year on Expedia.

I closed the browser window.

Five minutes later. It's Expedia! They want to know if I want to book anything for the low low price of £2k a week.

WTH?!

They traced my browser?! GET LOST!

That is creepy! Were you at least logged into your Expedia account?

That's it - I have no account. They just traced my browsing, somehow found out my phone number and cold called me, offensively and forcibly.

Weird. :rolleyes1
In the past week or two I've purchased plane tickets for 2 separate trips, booked 5 different hotel rooms, rented a car and put a deposit on a cruise - all through Expedia. It took hours and hours and hours of browsing and research. Nobody has so much as called to say thanks...

Last edited:
Weird. :rolleyes1
In past week or two I've purchased plane tickets for 2 separate trips, booked 5 different hotel rooms, rented a car and put a deposit on a cruise - all through Expedia. It took hours and hours and hours of browsing and research. Nobody has so much as called to say thanks...

We should count ourselves lucky..I think country plays a part in it. It seems like the US gets way, way more robocalls and junk calls than we do. It would drive me crazy to get 10 robocalls a day.

We should count ourselves lucky..I think country plays a part in it. It seems like the US gets way, way more robocalls and junk calls than we do. It would drive me crazy to get 10 robocalls a day.
I use Hiya app on my cell phone which detects calls that are considered spam according to White Pages and can autoblock them for me and I can opt to identify a call as spam, telemarketing, etc on White Pages to alert others. It's annoying I even have to have that. But even Hiya can't catch everything. Caller ID Spoofing has become very commonplace now. But now that I think about it the people I get the calls most often from is from the alumni association wanting $$ whereas spam calls have dramatically decreased for me in recent months.

Maybe it's something like that. Honestly, when this sort of thing has been mentioned before I'm sort of skeptical, same as with the threads that say if you've browsed on a travel site (resort, cruiseline or whatever) the next time you look the price will be higher because "they" know you're interested. :scratchin

Carnival calls me every time the day after I browse their site for an extended period of time. I just ignore the calls.

Carnival calls me every time the day after I browse their site for an extended period of time. I just ignore the calls.
Carnival calls me too if I’ve logged in; I’ve got a great PCP there I’ve booked with a couple of times. I don’t always answer his calls but I don’t mind getting them. It’s good salesmanship as far as I’m concerned. I’ve never had it happen when I haven’t logged in though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter