Free DDP 2012

Hi - just to let you know - saratoga springs now available foe VH online with free DDP and we went to see a virgin rep this morning in our local debenhams and she could also pull up OKW (tho not available online) - so now, decision time - OKW or SSR??

Quick question - we will have no car - so is OKW walkable to DTD? thanks xx

Hi - just to let you know - saratoga springs now available foe VH online with free DDP and we went to see a virgin rep this morning in our local debenhams and she could also pull up OKW (tho not available online) - so now, decision time - OKW or SSR??

Yeah, there's a pathway from OKW, past Saratoga Springs, and on to DTD. It's fine during daylight.

Available but crazy prices, £7821.82 for 21 nights SSR & 3 x 21 day Ultimates (no car)

Disney.co.uk £3,515.25 less 3% quidco = £3,409.79
Or Complete Orlando £3,264
Knock that(£3,264) off VH Quote and I would be effectivly paying £4,557.82 for 3 economy flights. :scared1:

I got a quote of virgin for OKW. It is for 2 ad and 3 kids, 15, 11 and 8, staying for 2 weeks at start of Oct.

My quote minus my 10% discount is £7399. Disney is £4379 without flights. So for flights it works out at just over £3000, which is ok for flights.

Now my dilemma, do I book direct with virgin and accept that price or do i get brave and book diy and hope that I will get flights for under £3000 for 5 in October :confused3

I'm new to all this and don't get all the VH TCD stuff!

I want to go to Disney May 2012, 2 adults 1 child.
Staying in a Disney Resort - I was after the 42% discount on Saratoga Springs, free Disney Dining and the 14 for 7 tickets.

What is the best way to do it? hotel and flights seperatly? I've looked on Disney.co.uk. and Virgin Holidays, but can't seem to find the 42% discount (or maybe it's already applied???).

Also whats the deal about the new Virgin brouchure coming out soon?, and how will that make any difference to the booking?

Many thanks, Sarah.

I'm new to all this and don't get all the VH TCD stuff!

I want to go to Disney May 2012, 2 adults 1 child.
Staying in a Disney Resort - I was after the 42% discount on Saratoga Springs, free Disney Dining and the 14 for 7 tickets.

What is the best way to do it? hotel and flights seperatly? I've looked on Disney.co.uk. and Virgin Holidays, but can't seem to find the 42% discount (or maybe it's already applied???).

Also whats the deal about the new Virgin brouchure coming out soon?, and how will that make any difference to the booking?

Many thanks, Sarah.

The discount is already factored into the on-line price. Looking at August 2012 prices you are getting a delux for around 60.00 more than prot orleans, so the reduction must already be there. You are seeing the net price.

Its too early to price up DIY for May 2012, as flight prices won't be out until 220 days I think it is before you want to return from Orlando. YOu can though price up packages to get some idea, and you may be able to get a package with flights from Disney too, so you will get a good idea.

OK, I know I shouldn't price up a holiday as I am already booked but I did. It came up as £7210 for my dates at OKW with Ultimates. My holiday price with Cinders Mum was still cheaper than Virgin.;)

Ok, the prices appear to have gone crazy - just checked and it's now £8492. I don't understand how the prices can be changing like that.

Hi Everyone,

First post here in the Florida section, as I'm in the planning stages of our first trip to WDW and Florida, in August 2012.

We're really looking forward to to it (It's my wife's and mine 40th birthday treat), and we'll be spending 7 days on site, and 14 in a villa, with a 21 day Disney ticket. This deal for the DDP seems very good value, knowing how much it costs for food from two trips to Disneyland Paris!

A couple of questions if I may?

What types of food is available through the quick counter service? (on the Disney Quick Service dining plan) I don't think I can survive on burgers for a week! Comparisons to DLP food would help.

Also, Complete Orlando state that you get the re-fillable mug in the DDP, where going direct with Disney there is no mention (I've looked at several resorts) Any idea on this one?

If anybody can point me to a 'first time to WDW' type thread, It'd be appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome.:goodvibes

Its not just Complete Orlando other tour ops have the refillable mug included, Disney as usual are behind with info. There will be a lot of annoyed people if its not included.
http://www.virginholidays.co.uk/special_offers/disney_diningplan/default.aspx
http://www.travelcitydirect.com/disney/

For QS look at this years list, no doubt the list will be very similar for next year. Then look at menus either here on DIS or All ears
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...alog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2011Dining.pdf

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningmain.cfm
http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Other thing to do is look at other peoples experiences, there is a section for dining on the main boards.
Are you considering upgrading to regular DDP? as the refillable mug has always been included in QSDDP so I am a little confused with which you are going for.
I do a live report each time I go, this was last years, index to table service meals in post #730 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2524489&page=49
If you go thru the thread counter service meals are in there also. Our faves are Wolfgang Puck express DTD, Mara at AKL at the 2 food courts at Port Orleans.

I have never been to EuroDisney but what I have heard the prices are a lot cheaper in Orlando, a QS meal for the 3 of us usually costs around $30($18) personally I think £6pp in a theme is reasonable but it all depends what and where you eat.

Hi Wayneg,

Thanks for the reply, and the really useful info and links! They are really appreciated.

I must admit the sheer choice available is almost overwhelming, but at least I have over a year to get it sorted in my head.

When it comes to QSDDP or DDP, it really depends on where we stay. I'm really leaning towards old key west, as the Studio seems perfect for the four of us, and the kitchenette (a fridge!) is very useful. With the current deal, OKW with DDP for 7 days seems very good value, along with a 21 day ticket. I need to ring Disney to confirm that we get the mug on DDP, knowing how much drink my boys get through!!

The prices you show for CS meals are very good. The first time we went to DLP, we spent on average £120 day on food/drinks, on top of the standard breakfast included with the hotel. We had free dining the second time, which saved us a pretty penny or two, and makes DDP at WDW very attractive. Just need to confirm flights first, but don't seem any for August 2012 yet.

BTW, really enjoyed you trip report as well!

This year will be our 3rd stay at OKW with free DDP, personally I would not be happy with QSDDP, I like a table service meal most evenings so the OKW/SSR offer works best for us.
Here is a link to my live thread from 2009, pics of our studio but they have all had a refurb since. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249674&page=5
Same post has pics of WPE, our fave CS meal, its more like Table service, expensive if not on DDP but great on DDP.
I don't start looking for flights until Sept, for this August I booked early in mid Oct but other years I don't book until into the new year.
It depends how flexible you want to be, stick to Virgin and you will have to pay a high premium and probably better to book sooner rather than later, consider other options including indirect and you might be better waiting, I just helped Mart(burt) a few week ago book for this August at £380pp indirect, about half direct prices.

I've not looked into WDW before, so seeing the OKW/DDP deal is available now, it kind of urges me to book as soon as possible to secure it.

I would guess that from what you say, I'll still be able to book this deal (or similar) come September, going from past experience?

As for flights, SWMBO has decreed direct flights only, so I'll see what we can do come September ;)

Right, I'm off to read your other trip report, and thanks for the other help, flights wise.

The current deal is available til end of Nov(subject to availability) unless the economy makes a miraculous recovery expect the offer to be extended into next year, there is no rush to book just yet.:thumbsup2 although its not a massive deposit to lose if your plans change @ £50pp if you wanted to secure it sooner.

Book 1 Apr-30 Nov 2011 for stays 1 Jan-26 Feb, 1 May-17 Jun, 1 Aug-18 Nov 2012.

Hi all

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children (although one is now 18 so technically an adult)....we first visited DW in Nov 2010, stayed at AKL and were upgraded to the Deluxe DP for free following a hitch on Virgin's part, the problem is the bar is now set and I'm struggling to be happy going any other way but would ideally like it a bit cheaper when we intend going end of Sept 2012 so we can catch halloween theming, I was gutted to see that the upgrade to the Deluxe DP has recently gone up....any ideas on how to bring the cost down? Have looked at SSR and OKW but fell in love with AKL.:lovestruc

we had the ddp last year and we really didn't make our full use of it as we weren't sure what we could get for it. the first week we could have got so much more. We thought it was litterally 1 burger a meal. We didn't realise it included Burger, Fries, cold drink, and pudding! By the end of the second week we were trying to use all the credits but we physically couldn't. We left the resort with 35 meal credits, and 22 snack credits.

Went we come back to WDW in 2012, we're going to make sure we use them all now we know more about it.

Hi all

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children (although one is now 18 so technically an adult)....we first visited DW in Nov 2010, stayed at AKL and were upgraded to the Deluxe DP for free following a hitch on Virgin's part, the problem is the bar is now set and I'm struggling to be happy going any other way but would ideally like it a bit cheaper when we intend going end of Sept 2012 so we can catch halloween theming, I was gutted to see that the upgrade to the Deluxe DP has recently gone up....any ideas on how to bring the cost down? Have looked at SSR and OKW but fell in love with AKL.:lovestruc
Welcome to DISboards.
We also love AKL but would only stay there with a savannah view, unfortunately the cost is beyond my limits for a hotel so the OKW deal suites us well.
To upgrade to Deluxe DDP it costs £19/day (£5 3-9's) with Disney.co.uk, thankfully the regular DDP is enough food for us, no way would I pay an extra £57/day for the 3 of us, we don't spend that a day when staying offsite so not a chance I would pay it to upgrade.
I would get a costing from Complete Orlando, they are often a little cheaper for people.

we had the ddp last year and we really didn't make our full use of it as we weren't sure what we could get for it. the first week we could have got so much more. We thought it was litterally 1 burger a meal. We didn't realise it included Burger, Fries, cold drink, and pudding! By the end of the second week we were trying to use all the credits but we physically couldn't. We left the resort with 35 meal credits, and 22 snack credits.

Went we come back to WDW in 2012, we're going to make sure we use them all now we know more about it.
Thats a lot of credits to have left, ours work out just right, meals perfect, snacks enough to bring a few packs of candy home:goodvibes

I have priced up staying off site but to be honest have not found it much cheaper and therefore not worth the forfeit....we found the deluxe DP to be alot of food however we doubled up many times and ate in Jiko and California Grill etc and discovered that our Disney holiday is far more than rides and characters, however we also had some credits left over but managed to convert them into snacks and the kids went to town in the shops :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter