• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Code Sold out at CSR

home brewer

Earning My Ears
My travel agent just called me to tell me about the free dining promotion for September and October. She called about my reservation at CSR and was told that it was sold out. Shouldn't I be able to take advantage of this offer since I had a previous reservation. Now if I want to get the free dining, I have to change to the CBR or one of the other moderates that aren't sold out. Is there some way to get the free dining with out changing my resort?

I would call direct to Disney and see for yourself. I wasn't aware this was sold by resort.

I did read on the WDW website that there a certain number of packages available, so I bet they have only so many for each resort. On another thread I read that WL was sold out for the free dining package too.

I called the CRO and they told me that my TA needed to make the inquiry. Any way to get around this?

Having existing reservations does NOT guarantee code availability if they come out.

They put out the codes to fill up resort rooms that are not full. Availability is typically based on the number of expected unsold rooms at a resort. resorts that are projected to be full may have NO availability of a discount.

Weeks that are projected to be full may not have availability as well.

home brewer said:
I called the CRO and they told me that my TA needed to make the inquiry. Any way to get around this?

If your TA made your reservation then they do need to make the call for you. It is not unusal for a certain resort to be sold out of a discount.

If there is no cancellation penalty with your TA, try to book what you want directly, and see how far you get. If you get the package you want, at the price you want, cancel the package you have with your TA.

home brewer said:

Call back and try to make a new reservation using the code. Don't tell them about your current booking with your TA.

When I booked mine yesterday the CM I spoke with said they had a limited amount for each resort and that she expected them to be gone quickly. :guilty:

My only suggestion would be to call Disney directly and try and book another trip and cancel the one you had.

Good luck.

Tried for BC, YC and WL on Sept. 14 to 20 and was told not available :(

Take Care
Jaime

All Star Movies was also sold out yesterday for the time frame of Sept 29 - Oct 8th.

Only you can determine how much CSR vs CBR is worth to you. If it were me, I'd move right now before that one's out too. It would be far more important for me to get the dining than it is to hold out for CSR, hope to get them to see it my way, then finally lose out completely if they don't because in the mean time, the other place has sold out of em too.

Codes and packages are custom for the place. They are always subject to availability (of space available at the code rather than of total space in the resort)

The only reason this went public at all is they didn't sell enough with their postcard mailings that went out awhile ago.

My TA got us booked at POR with the free dining yesterday, and cancelled our AAA reservation. She said that she was swamped because of this deal, and she was sure that by Monday, she'd be hearing that a lot of the resorts were not available with the discount. Sounds like that is already the case.

Good luck.

Andy

I think some levels of some resorts are just not offered with this discount. I know I had advance notice and tried the evening before and first thing in the moring the day the code came out and could not get Wilderness lodge standard view. I could book other resorts and other views at WL at those times, just not WL standard. I am guessing they block out the room view that constanly sell out regardless of discounts. Just my 2cents.
debbie

Or they were already well-booked. WL standard is one of the most popular room types in the World. Affordable, great location, attractive resort.

We originally had a standard room booked for 10 nights at WL. Then, Sue Ellen from DU applied my pin code for free dining; however, they did not have any standard rooms left with that promotion so I had to change to a woodsview to get the promotion. I am still saving money, but not as much as I should of with the standard view.

I believe that WL standard view is one of the most popular room bookings at WDW right now.

I can't book one for the first week of December right now either, and that's without the dining plan. It is also supposed to be one of the lightest weeks of the year.

My hope was I would be able to get a standard view with the dining code for December, but that's obviously not going to be possible if it's already sold out.

another thought on getting the resort you want w/the free dining is to wait ten days :hourglass and try again (in the meantime i would take another resort if the free dining were important or book the resort w/out the dining if the resort is more important) because i am sure a LOT of people booked like mad crazy yesterday due to the code but when it comes down to dollars and cents and getting time off from work or taking kids out of school and all those other things that creep into the best vacation plans, there may be lots of deposits not made and availability opening up... not to mention those that had their TAs book for them, and also called themselves, all vying for the best deal...

gigi1313 said:
another thought on getting the resort you want w/the free dining is to wait ten days :hourglass and try again (in the meantime i would take another resort if the free dining were important or book the resort w/out the dining if the resort is more important) because i am sure a LOT of people booked like mad crazy yesterday due to the code but when it comes down to dollars and cents and getting time off from work or taking kids out of school and all those other things that creep into the best vacation plans, there may be lots of deposits not made and availability opening up... not to mention those that had their TAs book for them, and also called themselves, all vying for the best deal...

Very good point. I am still hoping for the standard view. It will save me around $350.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter