Free Dining Entree Size Conspiracy

I’ve never been on free dining but all our portions have always been huge! I did have a problem securing allot of ressies during free dining last year during our November trip but that’s the only thing I noticed.

Now, we need to do a little clarification:
. . . The sizes of portions already on the menu DO NOT change during Free Dining periods.
. . . However, some eateries do remove menu items during Free Dining (usually at some non-Disney-owned eateries).
. . . So, if you order any menu item at an eatery, you will get the "normal portion size" that is served during non-Free-Dining.

All I'm saying is the theory is plausible and it involves the same company that suddenly decided to start charging its onsite guest extra for parking. They do ask everyone before they order if they are using a DDP. It would be no more difficult than cooking a steak medium rare for one person and well done for another.
Off-topic, but I'm sure Disney didn't suddenly decide to do anything.

Back on topic, it's not plausible. Visitors are asked about the Dining Plan so the server can advise them: how to use it, inclusions, and (rare) limitations. There is no secret code entered into the PoS informing the chefs to skimp on some orders. The DDP is not the real it once was. Frequently, diners pay more using a dining plan than they would out of pocket.

Off-topic, but I'm sure Disney didn't suddenly decide to do anything.

Back on topic, it's not plausible. Visitors are asked about the Dining Plan so the server can advise them: how to use it, inclusions, and (rare) limitations. There is no secret code entered into the PoS informing the chefs to skimp on some orders. The DDP is not the real it once was. Frequently, diners pay more using a dining plan than they would out of pocket.
This! And servers don't ask if a guest is paying for the Dining Plan or getting it as a free promotion so the theory of Disney reducing the portion size based in this goes out the window here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter