Free Dining Question

DisneyMomLJ

Mouseketeer
I know I've read about Annual Passholders getting free dining by purchasing tickets as part of the package and then not using them and holding on to them to use later. I'm wondering if you can do this except use them before the trip rather than after. My annual passes are expiring shortly and I wanted to book tickets/room for September and get free dining. My question: can I book the room, order tickets and qualify for free dining and then use the tickets beforehand and upgrade to passes while I'm there? So book (and pay) now and then use these ticket for a trip in July and upgrade then to Annual Passes while I'm at Disney in July? How quickly would I be able to expect them to arrive? When I've ordered tickets before they've arrived very quickly, but I wasn't sure if Disney didn't ship them until closer to your dates when booked as part of a package. And I have MagicBands already so maybe I would be able to just link them without even worrying about when Disney mails them?

No, you wouldn't be able to use your Sept package tickets in July. The tickets are linked to your resort reservation and become active on the day of your check-in. You can use the tickets at a later trip if you renew your AP in July and don't use the tickets from the FD package. As long as you don't use it, the 14 day expiration doesn't start.

So do the tickets just stay linked to the people on the reservation and are good forever until you use them for the first time? Then the 14 day expiration starts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter