Free dining (UK)

queenarmadillo

Mouseketeer
I thought I understood this when I started. Now I have myself incredibly confused and can barely think anymore. Please can someone help me get this sorted in my head?
(1) The adverts for free dining are for 5 days/4 nights, but I thought I read somewhere that they are available for the full length of stay (however long you stay (we will be there 2 weeks)--which of these is right?
(2) The adverts also say you need to purchase magic your way tickets for at least one day during your stay (or for all the days??) We normally get length of stay park hopper passes (which I think might only be available to overseas visitors) which Im fairly sure cost more per day than the magic your way passes. Can we get our usual tickets with the free dining? If not, would it be possible to buy 1 days worth of magic your way tickets and still be on the plan for 14 days with 13 days of length of stay passes?

Thanks for any responses anyone can offer--I think I had more questions but have lost them somewhere in the current scramble of my brain. Will post them later if they pop up again.

Hi ... We are from Canada and are staying 15 nights during one of our trips during the free dining promotion. I am not sure, if it is different for UK visitors, however we had to split our stay - the package at Disney is for a maximum of 10 nights. We are also annual passholders. So we split our stay into two - 7 & 8 night stays with a one day MYW ticket for each stay. It was still a good deal because of the free dining promotion. Hope this helps you a little. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

A brit here! We`re doing the free dining for 14 days this Aug/ Sept. We have the stay split into 10 days then 4 days. We have bought a 10 day MYW ticket for the first stay (which expires 14 days after first use) then a one day ticket for our second reservation - which we`ll keep for another time.
As we`re visiting other parks the 10 days is fine for us.
I think you can only get the 14 day tickets in the UK - do you need 14 full days?
Anyway the free dining was great last year you will love it!!!

The maximumamount of time the dinning plan allows for one stay is 10 days. You would have to split your stay into 2 separate ressies.For each stay you have to buy at least a one day MYW base ticket for each person on the ressie. You can hold these and use aniother ticket to get into the parks like the 14 day UK exclusive ticket you are talking about in your post or an AP.

Thanks for all the help. Does the 10 day magic your way ticket allow park hopping, or is it a strictly one park per day thing?

The basic MYW ticket is $223 for 10 days - no park hopping. You can add park hopping for $40 and on top of that waterparks etc for another $50.

If you go to the Dis home page there is a guide to the tickets from there.
Good luck - . Most importantly the free dining offer has to be booked by (I think) June 24th!

I assume that is $40 and $50 pp for the whole trip, rather than per day?
I think I have decided we are going to try to get in for the free dining, do you know how I go about contacting disney to book and check availability--I think I remember reading that each hotel only has a limited amount of availability for it?

Thanks for all the help, I dont know how I would have figured it out without the disboards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter