FREE DINING UPDATE- RUMOR and SPECULATION / Update Page 80 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you use 4/3 for stays less than 7 days? We only planning 5 nights because that's all we can take off work!

Thanks Canadian Guy for your frank comments. We have never received a FD deal until this year. Have the FQSD with the $10 upgrade for our April stay at CSR. We have bounced back, split stays, camped since 1971. We actually enjoyed the freedom of not structuring every little detail. We have enjoyed the discounts on the rooms. Truly like paying for one night in advance not the whole thing up front for 45 days (but that is just me). We look forward to trying the dining plan and have been lucky to have our reservations in place for April as it appears to be a busy time.

Let me say we do enjoy Universal, but we feel the rooms are too pricey for us and the DME is the deal closer. What is so much fun about Disney is you can just hop a bus, a boat and a monorail and you are there. It's all about the options and there is truly something for everyone at every tier. As far as a family vacation goes for springtime, it was the best bang for the buck and it enabled us to book a spring vacation with our family this year.

We are traveling on S/W out of BDL, but prefer to handle our own bags. We've been doing this right along and have never had an issue. Now with regard to the airfare...well that's another thread.

Thanks again and look forward to April.:yay::yay:

Maybe they will do the but 4 nights get 3 free thing again? like they did earlier! seems like a good idea to me!

That would be awesome. I would be ALL over that!!! :cheer2::banana::woohoo:

I hope they offer different scenarios so we will all happy. Yeah right! Time to put my rose colored glasses back on. :cool2:

Denise

It doesnt make much sense to me that the dis would have a discount (15,20,25,30) only to release another deal a week later.
However, the theory that visa discounts can be opened up to general public after a week makes sense.
So, Im speculating that the kids eat and play free would be the deal to be released next week, if there were one.
However, that seems like a deal too good to be true. Free admission and dining for children in the summer? Would be right up my alley.:thumbsup2

Denise - I envision you hovering over a computer monitor with one hand over a large "panic" button with the other over a huge "relax" button.. awaiting instructions on how to act. :)

Too funny.. Thanks for the morning smile!

We've had big drama here before on these matters and I'm sure we will again.

I hope Disney comes thru on this one for everyone.

Relax button all the way!! :thumbsup2 And thanks for that. Now I can't get the Frankie Goes to Hollywood song out of my brain!:headache:

Hoping for FD for most of y'all, and a nice hunky room discount or a 4/3 for moi!! :yay:

Denise

I don't get how this is a great promo esp if they dont include the dining. Yeah you get 3 nights free in the room and depending on where you stay, that can be a significant savings, but for us, we stay at Pop so that's about ~ $300 or less. With regards to the tix, if you have to buy the first four days and get the next 3 free, when buying tix, the most expensive part is to buy the first four days so anything after that is literally a few dollars/day. Am I missing something?????

I don't get how this is a great promo esp if they dont include the dining. Yeah you get 3 nights free in the room and depending on where you stay, that can be a significant savings, but for us, we stay at Pop so that's about ~ $300 or less. With regards to the tix, if you have to buy the first four days and get the next 3 free, when buying tix, the most expensive part is to buy the first four days so anything after that is literally a few dollars/day. Am I missing something?????

Ahh, I was referring to the poster who originally mentioned the 4/3 deal including dining.

If the dining was included - that would be a great deal! Not so much without...

It's nether here nor there as there is no indication of a 4/3 deal whatsoever. But jsut out of curiosity.. I thought the 4/3 did not include dining? I am almost sure that when you booked the 4/3 if you wanted the DDP you paid for it for the length of stay.

ETA.. Should have read the posts above me.

I know I will be corrected if I am wrong, but I think this particular deal would be more to a person's benefit if you were staying at a deluxe.

I think the discount is better for people who want to stay deluxe. I had originally booked the Wilderness Lodge back in Jan, with the hopes that free dining would come out. Then my DH and I discussed it and realized that "What if free dining doesn't come out ?" :scared1: Then we would have to spend a lot more money than we originally planned. So I called back and booked CSR, since I knew that was a resort we could afford with no promotions. :thumbsup2 So we are just waiting like everyone else to see what discounts do come out:surfweb::surfweb: Either way, we are still going to Disney:cool1::cool1:

Since we are speculating I'll throw in my 2 cents... I think the new promotion will be the Visa promotion (kids stay, eat, play for free) becoming available to the general public. When you factor in the cost for tickets as well as dining for young families this would be a pretty good deal IMO. The only reason we've been able to take our toddlers as much as we have is they were under 3 and could get into the parks and eat at the buffets for free. Now we have to pay for them it adds a lot to the cost of our trip. It would be nice if Disney would come out with a deal that everyone (including singles and married without kids) could use.

The more I read and think about it, the fact that Disney Visa released the kids play and eat free promo and the fact that Disney needs to increase bookings to make their final quarter better, seems logical that could be the big announcement granted there are many who don't have small children but there is always the grandparents willing to take their grandbabies if it is free and the timing would be perfect, summer and schools out

The disney visa promotion for kids is only up to August 14TH anyway. Just like all the other deals. Sure it can be extended, but all we can do is wait and see. Maybe I could say my 13 and 16 year old are 9 like others do. :lmao::rotfl2: Just kidding of course!!!

I pray it is not Kids play and eat free - we have a 2 year old who is free anyhow and my 16 year old sister who is too old. That offer means NOTHING to us and many other people with babies & toddlers, teenagers, and all adult parties.

Completely agree. We have a 2 year old and infant....no need to pay for them.

We got a pin for kids stay,play and eat for free last year from Disney. We decided to use it and it really didn't save that much money. Kids always stay at a Disney resort for free (ages 9 and under), so getting a ticket and dining really wasn't a huge savings. We only have 1 child, so for families with more children, it would have saved a lot more. I really don't see this deal going out to the GP, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter