• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

** FREE ** Princess (porcelain) Doll (15") -- Friday (12/14) .... Details.......

* Potential DVC'er *

Earning My Ears
I just got a postcard in the mail today saying "Free Princess Doll ($40 value) when you purchase $50 or more at the Disney Store. It is said to be 15" tall and is a collector's item and is handcrafted and painted and is bisque porcelain.

They are supposed to have "5" princesses but there are only 4 on the cover of the postcard(Belle, Cinderella, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty)

Now -- questions:

#1 Does anyone think this will be something where people are breaking down the mall doors at opening on Friday morning?

#2 Will you get to "choose" which Princess you want? (I.e., - we "only" have Sleeping Beauty .....)

#3 Does anyone else think it's a great deal? (I sure do .......)

#4 In the event of a "mad rush" - do you think I could go in right away (at opening) and have them put me the doll of my choice aside until I'm done making my selection of purchases? (i.e., to avoid having the one I want that of course is "Cinderella" and them supposedly only having 5 of (just saying) and by the time I get to the registers "she" is all gone.....

Just wondering what the consensus is - I don't want to get up early and camp out at the mall 2 hours ahead of time if I don't have too ....... LOL

Thanks everyone.

Is it a goog deal??
Considering that I'm the only Fanatic Disney fan in my family and
my Dd is too old to wear disney anything[according to her and she's too old to say just wear it] and
Dh goes for Star Trek,And
that it's the season of giving,
I say, "NO it isn't a DEAL for Me."
Besides the Dolls are not of Tinkerbell!!
So,I pass.
[of course I haven't got a Post Card,either....]

Do you have to have a postcard or is it open to anyone. Also are there any restrictions, like limit one per person or not valid with purchase of D$, Gift Cards or park tickets? My dad still needs to buy our passes of our WDW trip. Be cool if we could get a doll out of the deal as well (since he screwed up and missed the $50 GC special last month!!! Next trip *I* take care of the details!)

:earsgirl:
48 more days!

I need to go check the mail!

Lori

6/1997 Off site, 2/2000 Off site, 2/2001 Poly, 10/2001 POFQ, AKL & Magic, 1/2002 ASMo & AKL

You definitely DO NOT need the postcard - it's just a promotional mailing piece -- it's open to anyone as far as I've heard!! :)

Hey - we need some annual passes now that I think of it .... $355 x 2 .... can you imagine! (LOL) -- I guess the "one doll per guest household" covers that one!!! LOL

Hi!

The postcard that we got says that you DO have to have the card to get the promotion and is good only at the new Play Store in our area.

"Present this card at this Disney Store only: Ross Park Mall, Pittsburgh, PA to receive your FREE 15" Disney Collector Princess Doll* of handcrafted and painted bisque porcelain, with $50 purchase or more - a $40 value. But hurry, this offer is only good while supplies last. Limited quantities. One per guest household.

This is from the card. The bold print is bold on the card. Here is the asterisk information:

This card is redeemable for one 15" Disney Princess Doll with a purchase of $50 or more at Disney Store, Ross Park Mall, Pittsburgh, PA beginning December 14, 2001 while supplies last. To redeem, this card must be presented and relinquished at time of purchase. Qualifying purchase based on pre-tax price in effect at the time of purchase. Not valid through Disney Catalog or DisneyStore.com. Card may not be copied and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. 15" Disney Princess Doll must be in stock at time of presentation. Void where prohibited. Card has no cash value. Employess of the Walt Disney Corporation, and its subsidiaries and their immediate families are ineligible.

Hope that this helps. And I am sure that anywhere you read Ross Park Mall - you can substitute your local new Play Store.

:)

I think that is a great deal... I have some additional shopping I need to do there anyway and I could definitely spend $50.00 easily. I need to go check my mail and hope that our new prototype store is offering the same deal (too bad it is wayyyyy on the other side of town :( )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter