"Free upgrade to Swan from POR?"

QJ411

O'hana means family...
Hi everyone,

We just got a call from "Disney Cruise Line" and they said they want to give us a "free" upgrade from POR to Swan. But when we called back to check the number, someone picked up right away (no welcome message from DCL)...is this legit or bogus?!

We did book our Honeymoon through DCL, and this rep that called did have all our info...but we were afraid that it might be a time share deal...

Any input or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks SO much!

;)

I received this same upgrade (also POR - Swan) through my Travel Agent for my upcoming trip. At the time, I thought she might have arranged it herself because we had just had a difference of opinion over my trip next year (and I will be booking that trip through Dreams Unlimited and not through her!).

She said that DCL was offering this upgrade to returning guests. We accepted the offer, even though it's only for one night, and means that we'll be moving around a lot!

Beth

We recieved a "Free Upgrade" last year from Dreams Unlimited Travel from PO to the Dolphin. We really loved the Boardwalk and taking the boats to MGM & Epcot. We can't decide where to stay next year, PO or Beach Club. Good Luck in your decision.

Hi Beth and Dahess,

I ended up calling DCL directly and asking to see if it was true. They looked in their records and saw that someone did call us and offered the free upgrade! So we of course took the upgrade! It was a wonderful surprise.

I felt so bad for this poor CM on the phone, I kept asking her "Are you SURE it's not bogus?" "Are you SURE it's not a time-share deal?!" "Are you SURE we don't have to pay extra?" But she was as cool as a cucumber and so sweet, she answered all my questions, and helped us book it!

Thanks for all your help Beth & Dahess! I guess I needed the reassurance, and what place to turn to but the DIS!!!! :tongue:

Now, we're REALLY looking forward to it! But I have to look on the boards for info on Swan/Dolphin! Thanks again!!!:teeth: :wave: :teeth: :wave:

Hi everyone, again!

The above post from NJEMT was actually MY post, but the computer was logged on under my FH (NJEMT).

Thanks again, sorry for the confusion! :crazy: :teeth: :crazy:

We were offered the same thing last week from POR to Swan or Dolphin (we picked Dolphin). My travel agent called us because Disney had called her. I was hesitant to take the upgrade at first because we really like POR, but am so happy now that we did. What a great opportunity to try something new. She said it was to make room in POR for others who wanted those priced rooms. When are you going on your cruise? We are going in December.

We're cruising (4 nights) on December 8. I'm still not sure I made the right choice on the upgrade, but I wanted to try something new, and staying in the Epcot area will be fun.

I'll be posting a report when I get back, although it will be a little late if you're cruising in December!

Beth

Hi BARTOSCOWABUNGA and BETH,

We have the honeymoon land/cruise pkg. we'll be on the cruise on Dec. 15-19th. Bartoscowabunga, when will you be cruising? Maybe we can see everyone there!:wave: :wave:

oh, all our dates don't match.

But I do want to wish everyone a safe and amazing, memorable trip! Have fun everyone! :tongue:

Can't wait to read everyone's reports! Have a great trip!:wave: :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter