Free valet...good for all in party?

ez

<font color=green>Yoshi Lover<br><font color=deepp
Okay folks, please help me out here, I'm not quite clear on this one. Next weekend we have a 2 bedroom booked at boardwalk, our home resort. My parents and brother, who will be staying with us, are meeting us over there at sometime during the day, not sure when, arriving in different vehicles. Will they have to pay to valet park? Should I give one of them one of my dvc cards? Technically, they are part of my party, so how does that work? Thanks- Eileen:confused:

This is what the DVC member's site said about valet parking:

"As of July 16, 2001, the Walt Disney World® Resort will adopt a standard industry practice and charge for valet parking at all Walt Disney World Resort locations that offer this guest service. The $6.00 fee (among the lowest in the market) is a daily charge, so once you have paid for valet service, you will receive unlimited valet parking for the remainder of the day.

However, Disney Vacation Club Members will not be charged for valet parking at Disney's BoardWalk Resort and Disney's Wilderness Lodge, regardless of where they are staying. Disney Vacation Club Members must show their DVC Member card or Walt Disney World Resort ID indicating that they are a "DVC Member" when leaving their vehicle to be parked in order to receive this service at no charge at either Disney's BoardWalk Resort or Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Members will be charged for this service at any other valet parking operation at the Walt Disney World Resort. Whether or not you are charged to valet park, gratuities are still appropriate. There will be no charge for guests with disabilities with the proper permits. This charge only affects guests and Members who chose to use this service. "

Here is link to another thread that implies guests of members are charged:

http://64.225.125.24/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73103&highlight=valet

But the info from the Members' site does sound like if your resort ID says "DVC Member", you are not charged for valet parking.
Since you are staying with your guests ( and everyone in your party should get a resort ID that says "DVC Member" on it), I'd suggest you call MS next week and ask them.

I look foward to seeing what ms has to say about this.

I did get a reply from MS, but it just restated what was posted. It did not answer my question about guest staying with members at a DVC resort.

I'm off from work tomorrow, so I guess I'll have to call ms, because the weekend is fast approaching. If I have any luck I'll be sure to post. We can't be the only ones who want a definitive answer to this!

she kept putting me on hold with this question and apparently called the boardwalk directly to ask them. Bottom line- have your guests say who they are, that they're staying in a dvc room on points with a dvc member, and they should get free valet parking as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter