• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Frequent Flyer Credit Cards

mic_KY_mouses

Owners at BRV/VGF from Kentucky
I am sure this question is probably out there somewhere else, but since I couldn't search here goes.....

We just joined DVC a few months ago and now want to get hooked up with a FF program so we can get "home" more often. We have excellent credit and usually pay off our entire credit card balances monthly. I would not want a card that charges finance charges from the time of purchase or any card that's going to cost us more in the long run. Does anyone have any tips for us? Thanks!!! :)

I used to have the USAir Visa. They had the usual grace period. But the problem was the annual fee kept going up - it's now $50 for the classic card, more for gold & platnium. Information is on their website.

We have 2, Continental Card and US Air Dividend Miles. The Continental Card is the better of the 2. There is no limit on years to use the miles. US Air card, the miles have to be used in the 3 yr period.
We have 50, 000 miles accumulated(in 6 months) on our Continental card and we only flew once this yr so far. We charge everything we can(Groceries,utilities,taxes,gas,cell phone bills,etc) and pay in full when the bill comes.It does have a yearly fee of $40, but it is worth it.
We figure we should be able to fly for free(2 adults) twice a yr.:D

I believe USAir's miles expire in 3 years only if there is no dividend miles activity. So if you use the card or take a flight, then you have another 3 years before they expire.

FF cc have annual fees, usually $50-$100. You can either get AMEX or Diners which let you accumulate points and then transfer them to your airlines FF account or get a credit card with the airline you plan to use. Check with the airlines that you normally fly. SW has low requirements, no capacity restrictions on tickets but you must accumulate your credits over a 12 month period and then you have 12 months to use your tickets.

Thanks for the replys. I will do a little homework at this end (checking carrier schedules at my local airport) and then I will check out your suggestions....... I love coming to DIS for answers!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter