• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Friday rush hour traffic from airport to WDW?

fa mulan

And I think to myself, "What a Wonderful World."
We land at 5:10 pm on a Friday - so we'll be driving prime time to Disney.

Having never been there, I'm wondering what the traffic likely to be and how much extra time it'll take to get there?

Thanks for your help!

If you take the south exit out of the airport to 417 you should not hit much traffic. This road is away from the main part of Orlando, unlike the north exit to the beeline and I-4. We have returned to the airport around that time on Fridays using 417 and there was not much traffic in either direction.

Thank you! Where else could I get such great advice.... I am so addicted to this Dis!:cool:

I completely agree with DebbieB on this one, follow the signs to 417 or south exit and you will be far and away from the I4 Nomads.

We landed on a Friday at 5:20 last month. By the time we got luggage, the car and made it to disney it, it only took 48 minutes :)

But who's counting :smooth:

Originally posted by Pluto4President
We landed on a Friday at 5:20 last month. By the time we got luggage, the car and made it to disney it, it only took 48 minutes :)
But who's counting :smooth:

We use National's Emarald Aisle, carry-on luggage, and we usually are at WDW(OKW) within 30-35 minutes from getting off the plane, using the 417 route.
transam-red.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter