From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Cruisers,

I make piles to pack- but that won't start until I need the closet space for my cold weather school clothes that are in storage now. I have a bag of possible fe gifts already in the closet (I hope I remember to bring them), and keep a travel bag of "just in case" items (ibuprofen, contact solution ect) ready to go to throw in suitcase. DH travels alot so he can pack in about 10 minutes then I pack around him. LOL I'm not sure if we'll combine suitcases or have our own (except "hanging bag" case that we'll share) since we'll be flying to the cruise together but home seperately.

Happy Packing contemplating all!

Joining the packing talk. Jeff and I both can pack in a few hours in minimal suitcases. Then we had a kid. Thankfully we don't have to fly to the ship, so no worries about losing luggage.
I've got a bag on our bedroom door of things to take, but haven't gone any further. I'm in the midst of some major weight loss so I have no idea what will fit byt January. Usually I start packing DS a few days before we go anywhere. Jeff and I usually pack the night before after Jack has gone to bed and finish up in the morning.
As for canal day, we will have an "open house" in our cabin for people to come in, take in the sites and have a glass of wine. It won't be all day, but maybe mid day when we are going through the Lake. (I want to be up on Deck 10 again for the Bridge of the Americas - that was so cool last time).
I really should have called in dead today to work.

GOOD MORNING Happy Cruisers!

We're almost to the magic number of 250 pages again! I'll go put up a new thread to pick up when this one is finished.

Good morning! How is Bruce doing? Slowly improving I hope.

Rainy, muggy, yucky day here - although we do need the rain.

We usually are combo packers and by that I mean, we gather a lot the weeks coming up to the cruise and then back either the night before or the day of depending on the time of our flight.

We usually are combo packers and by that I mean, we gather a lot the weeks coming up to the cruise and then back either the night before or the day of depending on the time of our flight.

I would say that is me too!!!

For longer trips (such as this), I start making a pile a few days early just to check which items are still in ok condition and fit - that gives me time to do any shopping.
Actual packing is the day before. I like to have the luggage closed and ready the night before - especially if it's a morning departure (my brain generally does not even start functioning until noon). :rolleyes1

Well..we weren't going to book any ADR this trip since we are on limited time but my DD really wanted to eat at Sci-Fi so I have made ADR for that on the 5th.

I also made an ADR for character breakfast at Ohana as DD loves Stitch and I love to do a character breakfast on our last day at the resort. Usually because it makes me feel like we still get some Disney magic even though we aren't at the parks.

I know we are only leaving to start our cruise but I stuck with the plans and have never had breakfast at Ohana.

It will also help make the morning go a little quicker for us with all of the excitement for the cruise! :banana:

We leave Jan 2 on a 7am flight to Orlando. We are meeting my Mom for 4 nights and will stay at BCV. Have some fun things planned like Hoope De Doo. We will have breakfast with Minnie and Friends at Cape May for our Bon Voyage breakfast. She has not been in 14 years so this will be a lot of fun. I wish she would go with us on the cruise. I am hoping to be off on Jan 1. I am submitting my vacation request today. My husband and I are adults and I do not pack for him as he does not pack for me. He does pack our snorkel and video stuff. Back in 03 we flew to Miami for a cruise on the Explorer of the Seas. We rented a car and drove to Key West. I asked him did he have everything. Of course the answer is yes. Well we were getting ready to go to the show before dinner and I hear a oops. I am like what does oops mean. Like you foget a belt or tooth brush. No he forgot his pants. How do you go on vaction and not pack any pants! So he had to wear my pants for 3 days till we got to Jamaica!

We leave Jan 2 on a 7am flight to Orlando. We are meeting my Mom for 4 nights and will stay at BCV. Have some fun things planned like Hoope De Doo. We will have breakfast with Minnie and Friends at Cape May for our Bon Voyage breakfast. She has not been in 14 years so this will be a lot of fun. I wish she would go with us on the cruise. I am hoping to be off on Jan 1. I am submitting my vacation request today. My husband and I are adults and I do not pack for him as he does not pack for me. He does pack our snorkel and video stuff. Back in 03 we flew to Miami for a cruise on the Explorer of the Seas. We rented a car and drove to Key West. I asked him did he have everything. Of course the answer is yes. Well we were getting ready to go to the show before dinner and I hear a oops. I am like what does oops mean. Like you foget a belt or tooth brush. No he forgot his pants. How do you go on vaction and not pack any pants! So he had to wear my pants for 3 days till we got to Jamaica!

:lmao:Thats really funny, esp cause in the uk pants are underwear garments:lmao: Now when I meet your hubby I will be smiling,lol

The new Thread will be
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37394418#post37394418

Please continue to post on this thread until we hit 250 pages!

Good Morning Cruisers,

I make piles to pack- but that won't start until I need the closet space for my cold weather school clothes that are in storage now. I have a bag of possible fe gifts already in the closet (I hope I remember to bring them), and keep a travel bag of "just in case" items (ibuprofen, contact solution ect) ready to go to throw in suitcase. DH travels alot so he can pack in about 10 minutes then I pack around him. LOL I'm not sure if we'll combine suitcases or have our own (except "hanging bag" case that we'll share) since we'll be flying to the cruise together but home seperately.

Happy Packing contemplating all!
How about put half your stuff in each bag on the way down, so if one gets lost you both still have clothes, and all your stuff in your own bag for the way back? Not so critical if it gets lost when you're within reach of walmart or your own closet at home.

Joining the packing talk. Jeff and I both can pack in a few hours in minimal suitcases. Then we had a kid. Thankfully we don't have to fly to the ship, so no worries about losing luggage.
I've got a bag on our bedroom door of things to take, but haven't gone any further. I'm in the midst of some major weight loss so I have no idea what will fit byt January. Usually I start packing DS a few days before we go anywhere. Jeff and I usually pack the night before after Jack has gone to bed and finish up in the morning.
Boy you can say that again - I don't have anything that fits quite right NOW.:sad2: I'm thinking there'll be some major shopping at the after Christmas sales!

Speaking of stuff that doesn't fit. I have a few gorgeous dresses from our last 7 night cruise that I will not fit into. They are approximatly a size 14 (give or take). If anyone is interested let me know. I don't have any pics of them right now but I can take them if someone wants them. They are free to a good home.

Speaking of stuff that doesn't fit. I have a few gorgeous dresses from our last 7 night cruise that I will not fit into. They are approximatly a size 14 (give or take). If anyone is interested let me know. I don't have any pics of them right now but I can take them if someone wants them. They are free to a good home.

:thumbsup2

send me some pictures or something.

I would appreciate some suggestions for those that live around San Francisco...
DH and I are going there for 6 nights in Sept/Oct. He has to attend a conference the first 2 full days but we will have about 3 full days for ourseleves.

The first couple of days I'll be hanging out at/near the hotel as we won't have a rental car (I'm not paying car rental plus $50+ a night to park :scared1:) We will be near the Moscone Center. Is that a decent area to just get out and walk around and shop?

For our time, we plan on doing a day tour that includes Alcatraz and the Muir Woods but what else would you suggest?? We're not opposed to renting a car for a day (or even two, we'd just do 2 separate reservations so we don't have to pay that outragous parking fee). Or if he's along, we'll get reimbursed taxi fare so any suggestios for the 2 of us together wouldn't necessarily need to be near the Moscone Center.

THANKS!!!

We love San Francisco. When we were last there we would just set off in a direction and walk. One of the best things we did was take the light rail down to the beach and watch the surfers. We also walked all over Nob Hill and that area. You get your workout!

Well, I just found out there is The Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco! DH isn't near the nut I am and he said he'd love to go. Didn't think I'd acutally be getting any Disney out of this trip!!

Well, I just found out there is The Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco! DH isn't near the nut I am and he said he'd love to go. Didn't think I'd acutally be getting any Disney out of this trip!!

You'll enjoy visiting the Museum. A lot of personal things are at the Museum, and many things have been loaned by the Disney Company, including the Oscar with the 7 small Oscars. We are going up on Sunday for an event — "The Happiest Places On Earth: A Look At Disney Parks Around The Globe." It's part of the Disneyland 55th Anniversary Celebration at the Museum. One of our favorite exhibits is a large model of what Disneyland was originally intended to look like. Some of the attractions were never built.

Sandwiches, soups and salads are available on a limited menu at the Museum Cafe, operated by Wolfgang Puck. There is a nice French restaurant - La Terrasse - a short walk across the parking lot, to the left of the Museum. A little pricey, but we usually do an appetizer and dessert.

The De Young Museum is hosting "Van Gogh, Gauguin, Cézanne and Beyond: Post-Impressionist Masterpieces" from the Musée d’Orsay
September 25, 2010 - January 18, 2011.

This is the only showing of these pieces in the US, so it's worth going over to see.

If you have a free evening, try getting tickets to "Beach Blanket Babylon." It's a lot of fun and just celebrated its 36 years of entertainment. We've been three times and it's never quite the same. It's known for extravagant, show-stopping hats, visual puns, and spoofs and riffs on current events.

Have fun!

I would appreciate some suggestions for those that live around San Francisco...
DH and I are going there for 6 nights in Sept/Oct. He has to attend a conference the first 2 full days but we will have about 3 full days for ourseleves.

The first couple of days I'll be hanging out at/near the hotel as we won't have a rental car (I'm not paying car rental plus $50+ a night to park :scared1:) We will be near the Moscone Center. Is that a decent area to just get out and walk around and shop?

For our time, we plan on doing a day tour that includes Alcatraz and the Muir Woods but what else would you suggest?? We're not opposed to renting a car for a day (or even two, we'd just do 2 separate reservations so we don't have to pay that outragous parking fee). Or if he's along, we'll get reimbursed taxi fare so any suggestios for the 2 of us together wouldn't necessarily need to be near the Moscone Center.

THANKS!!!

San Francisco is a great city to wander around in - public transit is very good. You're in a good location - plenty of shopping nearby. Also some nice museums.
You're not far from Chinatown either.
Take the cable car from Powell to Fisherman's Wharf (seafood!). Maybe go to Pier 39 (shopping and more seafood!).
If you like wine, a day trip to Napa by way of the Golden Gate Bridge - do some wine tasting.
You'll have a great time. Just remember to prepare to dress for extremes. It can be blistering hot during the day. Then at night... well, I think it was Mart Twain who said the coldest winter he ever experienced was summer in San Francisco :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter