From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
How fun! I used to love going to Frankenmuth especially to finish the day at Zanders

It was interesting shopping but I will say, their chicken is just not one of my favs but that is what the entire table wanted to do so we did the family style option.

BBC did a documentary series on 7 wonders of the industrial world. One episode was Panama Canal. I watched it again yesterday. An amazing history and the number of people that died of yellow fever 000's.

I will have to see if I can find that before we head out. I read the Path Between the Seas. I am so happy to be done with it - how middle DS was a history major is beyond me. It was interesting in spots, and LLLLLLLLOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG in others.

Well, last day at work today and then a day in the car to Ohio. Tonight I need to make two pumpkin rolls - I should have done them Sunday but just didn't get there so now I have to do it tonight. I think I will then freeze them so I don't have to worry about them in the car tomorrow.

So, safe travels to those on the road in the next few days and everyone have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

On the last PC cruise they had Captain Puckett who was a ship pilot at the canal and he gave several talks on the canal-one was about the history and then the day or two before he gave a talk on what to expect on the day of going throught the canal and then after he had a session for any questions. He was very informative. So if you don't get a chance to read up on the canal if he is on board again you can get most of the info you need. he even gave a special talk for the kids. If you can't attend the talks they broadcast it on the TV.

As you know now, we did get our reservations for Ariel's Grotto for the 4 of us. My screen name is one long word...maybe that's why the PM didn't work.

Welcome!
We finally have some company on Deck 1...we're in #1043.
Looking forward to meeting you.

We are in # 1048... hope to meet you there.:grouphug:

Well, the way my TA put it when I was making reservations, there were three staterooms to pick from; maybe he was only talking about cat 10, which was what we got (#1047).

I would much prefer cat 7, which is the category we have had in the past. But, when you make a last minute reservation, what are you going to do? Take what you can get, and hope that someone cancels and we can upgrade closer to the sail date.

Although I was telling my TA that maybe we would just stay in the stateroom from the 12-30 cruise, and be "squatters" :rotfl2: If we sweet talk our host/hostess, they might be on our side. ;)

As it is, we will be on deck 1, close to the medical center. On the bright side, there aren't a lot of staterooms on that deck, so it will be quiet, AND we will be right there @ the gangway; 1st ones off the ship at port!! :cool1:

As you can see, I am getting a grip already, and starting to look forward to this cruise. We'll get to see football playoffs on the ship, won't we? That's good.

Hey Connie.. we are neighbors!! I booked late too and have room 1048...
Jill 57 :woohoo: Danny 56 :cool1:

We just booked the PC canal cruise and are in room #1048. Seems there are not any other rooms available. We have been on other DSL cruises.
I am hoping to meet with some of you on this forum. Is there anywhere I can sign up to be a part of the group?

Happy Sailing :dance3:

I am a late bloomer..lol I just booked the Panama Canal trip for Jan 6th and would like to be included in some of the activities on here. How can I sign up for them? I am in room #1048... all they had left :rotfl2: Hoping to upgrade if possible :banana:

Hi Jill, welcome. Have you had a look at the website?

I will have to see if I can find that before we head out. I read the Path Between the Seas. I am so happy to be done with it - how middle DS was a history major is beyond me. It was interesting in spots, and LLLLLLLLOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG in others.

I never finished it, just tooooooo much that was boring around the interesting stuff.

We just booked the PC canal cruise and are in room #1048. Seems there are not any other rooms available. We have been on other DSL cruises.
I am hoping to meet with some of you on this forum. Is there anywhere I can sign up to be a part of the group?

Welcome. We are Bob & Val from San Francisco. I suggest you read the the first posting, it lists some of the activities we are planning. See you soon. Val

I am a late bloomer..lol I just booked the Panama Canal trip for Jan 6th and would like to be included in some of the activities on here. How can I sign up for them? I am in room #1048... all they had left :rotfl2: Hoping to upgrade if possible :banana:

Hello! We too live in Texas. We are from the North Texas area and actually lived in Fort Worth for a few years but currently reside in the Houston area. I would much rather be in Fort Worth, we loved it there!

Anyway, check out page 1 of this thread. There's a lot of great information on there.

:welcome:

Welcome to our fun little group. We are going to have a blast!
Looking forward to meeting you.

Judy

Reminder

As you come out of lifeboats, please PM me updates. If you are new, please PM or Email me to be added to the list

Please send

First Names with Disboard Names, Stateroom, Hometown and Dining Time. Include a picture if you wish.

My email is monorailpilot@gmail.com

Thanks again :)

The website is entirely updated except for the group in 1048. I'm waiting on their hometown and dining rotation via email. If you are not that group and your info isn't current, please resend. Thanks.

Curious to know how everyone is choosing to stay in touch with the rest of the world while on the cruise? Thought maybe I'd outline the options I was thinking of, and I'd love to hear from the expert cruisers (especially those who have done the PC before and can report back on hidden expenses in PC-exclusive ports).
1) DCL emergency ship-to-shore - I will be leaving this number with family at home. I believe it costs $6.95/minute.
2) Sprint - I contacted their Int'l Help Desk. They enabled our phones for Int'l use. There was no charge for this, and no change to our account or current package (we only have voice/text...no web). Here are the charges I was quoted should we use the phones during the trip:
On the cruise ship:
$2.49/min - Voice
$0.50 - Send text
$0.05 - Receive text
No data (internet, pictures, etc)
Aruba:$1.99/min - Voice
$0.50 - Send text
$0.05 - Receive text
Costa Rica:
No service.
Mexico (Manzanillo, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas):
$1.69/min - Voice
$0.50 - Send text
$0.15 - Receive text
3) BlackBerry - I have a BlackBerry for work, but it is only for e-mail & web (the web connection is very slow). It does not have voice capabilities. Can I assume this will work for e-mail contact? Or should I check with my employer?
4) iPad - In a previous post, I saw reference to iPads. I am completely naive about iPads & iPhones. But I would seriously consider getting an iPad if it's the best way to stay in touch on this cruise. Other than buying the device, what other costs would this entail? Also, where would you safely store this? I assume the safe is not big enough.
5) Laptop - Anyone bringing their laptop?
I'd love to be able to stay in touch via text and/or e-mail with home...voice only in case of emergency. So anyone with advice on the best way to do this, I'd love to hear your suggestions!

I am interested in hearing the responses to this.

WELCOME!!!
It's becoming a party down on deck#1...WoooHooo!!!

Welcome TXMermaid!

The first two posts on page one of this thread will help you with most everything you need to know:goodvibes

The link to the cruise website is in my sig below.

PEOPLE - if you have information on other cell phone and wireless internet services useable on the cruise or in ports please post it and pm me so I can add it to the first page.

For Lynne(and Len)

Over on next year's TA thread, we have a LL4WBTA2011 campaign going!!! We want you onboard.:thumbsup2:laughing:
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
Please,please tell them I am going to play the lottery every week till the cruise, weve just not got enough holidays.:hug::hug::hug::hug:
Hi there everyone -

So...long story short, DH and I (Connie) made reservations this morning for one of the THREE rooms left for this cruise. Last minute decision, since we are already booked on the 12-30-2010 Wonder cruise, and live in the LA/OC area. :dance3:

Too shell-shocked at this point to be as excited as I know I will be. I need to get a grip on the fact that 1) DH is going to be on a ship for 21 days (he's a little ADHD), 2)We get to see the Panama Canal, 3)I just made reservations for a cruise that leaves in like 40 days.

Anyway, I wanted to check in with everyone, and start to make some friends. I am depending on you people to help keep DH entertained for a couple weeks. :grouphug:

So, nice to meet you. I will be checking in regularly.
Hi, nice to meet you, scary and exciting!
I used to really hate it. Then I discovered MP3 players. I just put on the headphones and music and adjust the volume so I can't hear the drill. I still don't like the dentist, but I can deal with it. :cool2:
great idea, Ive got the dentist on thursday.
BBC did a documentary series on 7 wonders of the industrial world. One episode was Panama Canal. I watched it again yesterday. An amazing history and the number of people that died of yellow fever 000's.
I enjoyed that series.

:yay::yay: Yipee

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thanks Disney, they have moved our room, what a result, on deck 5 in a sideways room, right next to Mum and Dad..................

Now I am so so glad that we done the room tour cause I really liked Corinnas sideways room.

I am so so so excited.Right next the atrium.:yay::yay::yay:

I am away to tell Mum they have moved her room, might celebrate with a glass of wine.

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thanks Disney, they have moved our room, what a result, on deck 5 in a sideways room, right next to Mum and Dad..................

Now I am so so glad that we done the room tour cause I really liked Corinnas sideways room.

I am so so so excited.Right next the atrium.:yay::yay::yay:

I am away to tell Mum they have moved her room, might celebrate with a glass of wine.

Woohoo. What number? I want to go look on the plan.

Ok so we just booked tickets to WDW leaving in 3 days and wondering what the weather is like right now in Orlando. Is it water park weather? Thanks in advance for any info! I looked at weather.com but just wanted to see what those who lived there thought! THANKS!!

Ok so we just booked tickets to WDW leaving in 3 days and wondering what the weather is like right now in Orlando. Is it water park weather? Thanks in advance for any info! I looked at weather.com but just wanted to see what those who lived there thought! THANKS!!

Being from SoCal, you probably would not enjoy the water right now, but the lines would be short.

We tend to use this time of year to recognize our northern guests as they are the ones in the pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter