From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondered if anyone knew how far Cabo Wabo was from the cruise ship dock?

Thanks for organizing this. It sounds like there will be a lot of people participating. I cannot PM yet and still have GTY spot, but I will send it in when I know more.

There are things being planned for the entire group baed on the number that are on the website - please everyone get your information to Jeff so that you are included.

Finally changed my signature. It has been months since we took those cruises and since this one is right around the corner I figured it had to updated! :thumbsup2

GREAT signature!

Morning everyone. Dark and dreary here but just in the 50's. For months I complained about driving to work with the sun shining right in my face - I went from that to driving in the dark, like overnight. I don't get it.

Wondered if anyone knew how far Cabo Wabo was from the cruise ship dock?

We did this in 05. I would say it's about a 15-20 minute leisurely walk. Unlike other ports in Mexico, we felt very safe walking there. There are also shops and markets on the way. We are not doing any tours in Cabo. We are just walking to town, shopping and going to Cabo Wabo.

Here is the RCI port map that shows where it is: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/port_explorer/CaboSanLucasRC_ENG.pdf

If you don't think you can do the walk, there are bicycle carts that will take you from dock to town and back also, or of course taxi.

Woo Hoo!!! :cool1: My Texas Rangers just won their first ever playoff series and are no longer the only team in MLB that hasn't won a playoff series! Now, they face the New York Yankees which have given the Rangers many problems in the past. But, they split the season series with the Yankees! Looking forward to good series!

Our Myrtle Beach Pelicans just became a farm team for the Rangers. Pelicans owner is now an owner of the Rangers, so the change was made from Braves farm team to Rangers farm team at the end of this season. We are trying to adjust, so many hard core Braves fans (we are not among them), it may take a while. We are looking forward to the games next season, although it will be strange to have a whole new team and manager. But we say GO RANGERS!!!! We are going to see them play the Braves on 3/31/11 and it would be great to watch the World Series Champs defeat the Braves.:cheer2::cheer2:

Finally changed my signature. It has been months since we took those cruises and since this one is right around the corner I figured it had to updated! :thumbsup2

I will be changing mine once we get home. Still in Orlando after our WBTA and having a great time. Off to Miami on Sunday for 3 nights before flying home next Wednesday.

Can't wait to do it all again next year though!!!! Before then of course we have this cruise to look forward to, and that really isn't far off, particularly with Christmas before then!!:eek:

Also, we have snorkling booked in aruba and cabos I think,
Do you agree the water will be better in Aruba? I think you already said yes but just befre I cancel one.

All I know from last time, and NOT from personal experience I might add;), that the water in the Caribbean is much much warmer than the Pacific. Not sure about what you can see etc though. I can ask my friend though.

When we did the PC cruise in 2008, the day we were in Cabo was VERY cold and VERY windy and that was at the end of May! I should clarify that VERY cold was that most people I saw were wearing light jackets and I had two shirts and a jacket on. Most if the Cabo excursions were cancelled that day. My son swam with the dolphins and I was thrilled that I didn't have to get in the water!

I would think Aruba would be much more comfortable in January than Cabo.

The Aruba sailboat does look very nice. I read several great reviews, but I noticed that they don't let you book with a credit card.

The Aruba sailboat does look very nice. I read several great reviews, but I noticed that they don't let you book with a credit card.

I don't like carrying a lot of cash either. So I was going to see if there is some way we can use Pay Pal with the gift designation so he doesn't have to pay the fee. If he won't go for that, if people trust me, you could send it to my Pay Pal account and then I'd get a cashers or travelers check to bring to him. Or maybe someone has another thought on this. Val

But we say GO RANGERS!!!! We are going to see them play the Braves on 3/31/11 and it would be great to watch the World Series Champs defeat the Braves.:cheer2::cheer2:

I like the sound of that! Texas Rangers World Series Champs!!!

Who ever mentioned the sale at Lands' End on rash guard tops - thank you. I orderd a long sleeve, half-zip for DH and a pull-on short sleeve for me. They have an SPF of 50 and good reviews. I found a promotion coupon, greatlakes, pin #1030, which gave me $10 off on top of the sale plus free shipping (saving $9) if I spent over $50. So I got DH a lovely (hope he thinks so) lavender tee, on sale for $8 - basically free. All for $46.52 after tax. Thanks again. It is so great to share this type of info and make our trip planning an event.

I was doing a check of available cabins on the DCL website and there is a SPH room available if anyone was wanting one. Cabin 5020 is now available, cat 10A secret porthole room.

We did this in 05. I would say it's about a 15-20 minute leisurely walk. Unlike other ports in Mexico, we felt very safe walking there. There are also shops and markets on the way. We are not doing any tours in Cabo. We are just walking to town, shopping and going to Cabo Wabo.

Here is the RCI port map that shows where it is: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/port_explorer/CaboSanLucasRC_ENG.pdf

If you don't think you can do the walk, there are bicycle carts that will take you from dock to town and back also, or of course taxi.

That's great! 20 mins is do-able for us.

Harole Anne, I am so glad you get to go on this trip. I know how hard it is to see someone with Dementia. My step dad died from it last Oct. He was 93. He had it for many years and my Mom never wanted to put him in a nursing home said she promised him that she would never do that. She cared for him at home for many years never going anywhere other than the gorcery store and church. his daughter would watch him for an 1 hour. She loved him very much but she was trapped. We tried to get her to get help but never would. Was even cutting her own hair at home. My husband could not go on this trip but she is. My dad always talked of the canal as he would go down there frequently and it was my Dream to go on a cruise to the Panama Canal with him. Well he died over 22 years ago. So my Mom will go which is the next best thing. I can't wait! :yay:

Who ever mentioned the sale at Lands' End on rash guard tops - thank you. I orderd a long sleeve, half-zip for DH and a pull-on short sleeve for me. They have an SPF of 50 and good reviews. I found a promotion coupon, greatlakes, pin #1030, which gave me $10 off on top of the sale plus free shipping (saving $9) if I spent over $50. So I got DH a lovely (hope he thinks so) lavender tee, on sale for $8 - basically free. All for $46.52 after tax. Thanks again. It is so great to share this type of info and make our trip planning an event.

:thumbsup2
You are welcome! I will have to try your code! I always like when people share sale items - and since we are all looking for the same type of items I figured I would post it. So glad it saved someone some money!!

Love the siggie artwork! would you be willing to share for a t-shirt design??

Love the siggie artwork! would you be willing to share for a t-shirt design??

Sure...feel free to use it.
PCLogocopy.png

Hey Everyone, just wanted to share my excitement over my new Mickey gold hook bracelet that I had custom designed!! I had one of those 'Ocean City hook bracelets' for years (for those of you who have heard of the traditional Caribbean hook bracelet, the OC one is modeled off that, for Ocean City, NJ). But last year we moved from OC and I didnt really have a need for it anymore but didnt want to just stick it in a drawer either, because it was 14k gold. So, I took it to my jeweler and used the same bracelet, just had the middle OC piece removed and redesigned to be Mickey's head and still with the 'hook' clasp style--here is a picture below-- it is kind of blurry because of my cell phone quality picture but you can sort of see the tiny diamonds in his ears and the bigger diamond by the clasp. Just couldnt wait to share the pic with you all when I got it, I am so glad I got to turn my bracelet into something that I will never want to change my love for, Disney!!

braceletmickey.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter