From WDW to US

SlightlyGoofy

<font color=green>I shall be forced to take you on
I have been researching going to US on our next trip to WDW and have come to the conclusion that it might be easier to stay at WDW and take a shuttle or cab to US. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle service and/or the cost of a cab from WDW to US?

Thank you so much, Slightly Goofy

Hi Barry

Is the $12 one way or both. Also do you tip the shuttle driver? I have always used Disney transportation and am not too up on other forms of getting around.

Thank you, Slightly Goofy

When I went in January we took the shuttle bus to US with Mears, it was $12 roundtrip. We had a huge bus, I saw no one tipping the driver. Just make sure you get the ticket (most Disney resorts have a Mears desk) even though they tell you over the phone that the driver accepts cash, he does, but it takes forever for them to get everything straight, we were supposed to leave at 9:00am and didn't get out until 10:30am because the driver had to count everyone's money over and over again. Have a great trip!

We are going to rent a car from our Disney hotel for a couple of days to go to US/IOA. I have used Mears before, no complaints except, sometimes you do wait to get to your destination. It is $12.00 per person round trip. It is only around $45.00 to rent a car for a day compared to $60.00 for the five of us for Mears. Also renting a car is more convenient as you can come and go as you wish. More time to spend in the parks!!! More money to spend in the parks!!!

Thanks both of you. I drive down to WDW but have a night blindness problem and do not drive in unfamilar places after dark for the safety of the other people on the road. I figure if I drove to US it would cost $7-12 to park so the $24 for us to ride safely and get dropped off at the front gates would be worth it.

Thank you so much. I had never noticed the Mears transp desks before but I will look next time. We are staying at the AS so I assume they would h ave a desk there also.

Hope you guys have a trip in the works soon. I am starting to get excited about our next trip in September even though we have been 3 times in the last 18 months.

Slightly Goofy

Back in January and I didn't notice the desk but was told by the driver for "next time." He was very nice about it but he was also very upset that he had to hold on to all this cash, and we took soooo long to leave, that's why I remember it so vividly. I am also going this year, in August, can't WAIT! Have a good time.

msr, thanks for the help. I hope I am never too old to learn something new.

Now if I can extend my ressies at DW. This will be a special trip as it may be our last trip to FL so we are wanting to fill in some of the gaps that we have not done before. Maybe I should extend the trip to a month? LOL

Please leave a bit of pixie dust after your trip in August for us in September. :p

Slightly Goofy

Will do Slightly Goofy, all the Pixie Dust I can muster. I hope its NOT going to be your last trip to DW!! Have fun on your upcoming trip.

msr - I hope it is not our last trip either but as with all good things it is about time to come to an end. At least we were able to go in previous years and have the memories.

I am not dying or anything but have some severe health problems that may preclude much further travelling. Might have to join the senior citizens on the bus. Not a bad thing as you have a bunch of people to share the trip with. Time will tell.

Thank you for your kind words and I will await your trip report. I still have not posted mine from April. Too late to be of much use now. (I am so sorry) Life keeps intruding.

Slightly Goofy

Our family is planning on staying at the HRH for 4 nights and then need to find transportation to Disney. Our travel agent has told us that it would be cheaper to get a taxi which can be requested that same day at your hotel. She said the taxis are ususally there waiting for business. Also, she said to check into a town car. These options are only beneficial for a party of 3 or more.

Than;k you Mary. There are only two of us so that would not save us any money but after hearing about the hour and half delay with the bus driver collecting money it might be worth the extra $$$ to enjoy an extra 3 hours at the park.

Slightly Goofy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter