"Front Desk" Cast Members at the Resorts...

DisneyDreamers3

Mouseketeer
I'm curious to know what kind of authority the "front desk" Cast Members have when a guest presses the front desk button from their resort room (I know that when a guest presses the button they reach a call Center, likely not even in Orlando.) For example, say a guest has mousekeeping issues with their room or encounters other issues with the resort, do the front desk Cast Members have the authority to make things right for the guest? Or does the guest have to go to the literal front desk for resolution? Or does it all depend on the kind of problem the guest is experiencing?

I've never had to use the front desk button before and hope I never have to, but was just curious to what others have experienced when they've encountered room or other issues.

There is a separate button for housekeeping and another one for maintenance. When you call THOSE buttons, you are speaking to people in the actual hotel. "Front desk" would be appropriate if you had general resort or ticket questions. Going TO the front desk is necessary if you have a complaint and need resolution a.s.a.p.

The phone CM has nearly no authority whatsoever.

There is a separate button for housekeeping and another one for maintenance. When you call THOSE buttons, you are speaking to people in the actual hotel. "Front desk" would be appropriate if you had general resort or ticket questions. Going TO the front desk is necessary if you have a complaint and need resolution a.s.a.p.

This. :thumbsup2

I will say I've had very quick responses when I've had to call about a housekeeping or maintenance issue, but I did use those buttons specifically.

The "front desk" people CAN get ahold of the resort and action can be taken, but there seem to be many steps between that are needed to get a good result. The resortnoeople have to be checking messages and the message has to be clear, there can't be other issues they are dealing with etc.

We once heard back pretty quickly when our ssr 2 bedroom was filled with mildew/mold and we needed help. I was useless (that stuff takes me down) and dh didn't want to leave me (I get a bit delirious) and didn't know better. He heard back from the onsite manager within an hour (maybe shorter) and they started working towards a solution and resolution. I assume the manager didn't have much else to do and the rest of the dominoes fell correctly as well.

Doesn't always happen.

Pushing the Housekeeping button used to get you a Housekeeping manager on the phone, but it no longer does. You just get one of the call center people, who then calls housekeeping for you. I had a couple of issues/requests last time and found that out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter