Ft. Wilderness Cabins becoming DVC?

I'm interested in this! We LOVE FW but haven't stayed there since we became members in 2018. I usually book studios so I'm curious what point chart will look like. I imagine it'll be higher- hopefully not crazy like Cascade Cabins or Bungalows.

I'm interested in this! We LOVE FW but haven't stayed there since we became members in 2018. I usually book studios so I'm curious what point chart will look like. I imagine it'll be higher- hopefully not crazy like Cascade Cabins or Bungalows.
Disney must have known we need something to argue about now that VDH points chart is out . I will guess 500 points per week mid season.

I'm definitely excited. I don't care if the rooms cost more, boarding our dogs is crazy expensive and we'd be able to take longer vacations.

Why does the article say that this "seemingly solidifies there’s no chance Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge will be built at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground."? I would think the opposite -- that Disney is still interested in developing a DVC resort at the Fort.
I agree. The Improvements to Fort Wilderess only make Reflections seem even more promising. Unless they are using FW Villas as a way to project interest in Reflections. I imagine that maybe FW outside of holidays has been harder to fill up maybe?

Also are these cabins new? or refurbed? Because they say 350 cabins but I looked it up and theres currently 409 cabins there. So way happens to 59 cabins? Will they be tore down for a new pool or restaurant/giftshop in the middle of the cabins?

Just guessing it will be more along the lines of the treehouses, point wise for a 2BR cabin. Probably more but not Bungalow/cabin level. But they will have also have some smaller ones, 1BR and studio size. Probably even some tiny 2 person "duo" cabins, since that seems to be the trend now.

As always, my predictions are 100% guaranteed, or your money back.

I have mixed feelings about this. I’ve always viewed the cabins at fort wilderness as most likely place I’d stay on cash since owning dvc so I like idea of staying there with dvc points instead. That said this is basically a value resort imo and main driver for interest staying there was the value so the point charts would need to reflect that for me to stay there.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out to say the least because time and again I feel like Disney prices these standalone units in dvc outside of what market will sustain but normally there’s a full association with typical rooms to balance.

The current ones are just slightly fancy trailers. I stayed in one once when there was a huge discount, and it worked for us but I felt like I was at my grandpa's trailer park. The cabins are neither here nor there--not camping or part of the camping experience, not a hotel with even so much as a coffee shop. The new ones need to avoid feeling the same way--cheap, isolated (not in a good way).

I have mixed feelings about this. I’ve always viewed the cabins at fort wilderness as most likely place I’d stay on cash since owning dvc so I like idea of staying there with dvc points instead. That said this is basically a value resort imo and main driver for interest staying there was the value so the point charts would need to reflect that for me to stay there.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out to say the least because time and again I feel like Disney prices these standalone units in dvc outside of what market will sustain but normally there’s a full association with typical rooms to balance.
I know a lot of people have speculated if Disney would do a "value/moderate" DVC, to give another option besides deluxe pricing. Who knows, maybe this will be their attempt at it. Then again I don't know how that would work, they can't really start selling "cheap" points that would be good at VGF and Poly. Maybe the point chart itself could be more "moderate". Obviously I haven't thought this through lol

The current ones are just slightly fancy trailers. I stayed in one once when there was a huge discount, and it worked for us but I felt like I was at my grandpa's trailer park. The cabins are neither here nor there--not camping or part of the camping experience, not a hotel with even so much as a coffee shop. The new ones need to avoid feeling the same way--cheap, isolated (not in a good way).
They have a good general store / a bar and restaurant- everything the treehouses are missing

They were great with young boys since they could go outside when you were back at the cabin and keep occupied.

I know a lot of people have speculated if Disney would do a "value/moderate" DVC, to give another option besides deluxe pricing. Who knows, maybe this will be their attempt at it. Then again I don't know how that would work, they can't really start selling "cheap" points that would be good at VGF and Poly. Maybe the point chart itself could be more "moderate". Obviously I haven't thought this through lol
I'm not sure if they would ever decrease the value of a point, but I could see them decrease the point chart requirements at certain properties to essentially do this in a different way and make moderate or lower-level DVC accommodations with slightly reduced amenities.

OK, after the disappointments of them rolling VGF2 into the original association and then all of the additional charges with VDH, we would be fully on-board with this development. Talk about your curve ball!

I think that the dog-friendly accommodation may be a game changer for us as well. I wonder how many of the cabins will be dog-friendly. Currently, all of them are.

OK, after the disappointments of them rolling VGF2 into the original association and then all of the additional charges with VDH, we would be fully on-board with this development. Talk about your curve ball!

I think that the dog-friendly accommodation may be a game changer for us as well. I wonder how many of the cabins will be dog-friendly. Currently, all of them are.
I definitely didn't have "Fort Wilderness DVC" on my 2023 announcement Bingo card. But I'm very curious to see what they do with it. We don't travel with a dog, but for those who do I hope the dog friendly cabins aren't just a few that are impossible to get like AKL Value.

And Roll Tide!

Honestly I like the cabins, but I don’t think DVC needs rooms at WDW currently. I wish Disney would concentrate on other projects.

I'm not sure if they would ever decrease the value of a point, but I could see them decrease the point chart requirements at certain properties to essentially do this in a different way and make moderate or lower-level DVC accommodations with slightly reduced amenities.
I know one thing for sure, if they did end up having a low chart they would immediately become some of the hardest to book. DVC'ers love to save points, and if they could do it close to MK? I would be Hunger Games trying to book

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter