Ft. Wilderness Questions

LeahA

DIS Veteran
We are thinking about renting a cabin for our trip next April. Could someone help me with a few questions.

1.) Is renting a golf cart necessary?
2.) Do you have to take a golf cart or bus to locations within the resort or is it an easy walk?
3.) Is there a beach area?
4.) Do all cabins have the bunk beds or can you rent one with 2 queens?
5.) Are the cabins close together or are the sprawled out?

Thanks in advance, I'll stop for now. I've been reading alot of books, websites, but, I'm not finding my answers!

Leah

Ok - here goes:

1. Renting a golf cart isn't necessary - it's just fun (and convenient) to have! We prefer to rent it from Golf Cart Enterprises instead of FW, because they're cheaper and you get a gas cart instead of an electric one.

2. You will have a bus stop within walking distance to your cabin, so you don't take the golf cart to the bus stop. But, to make things faster, you can take your golf cart to the main bus stop (Settlement Depot) and park it there for the day. That will cut out one bus ride.

3. The beach area/marina is close to the Settlement Depot bus stop and Pioneer Hall. You will need to take a bus, or golf cart, there from your cabin. You can walk - but it's pretty far! It would probably take you 1/2 hour or so to walk there. You can catch the boat from the beach to Magic Kingdom. You can also rent water mice! And, you can sit on the beach at night and watch the Electrical Water Pageant (9:40pm) and the Magic Kingdom fireworks!

4. All the cabins have a double bed and 2 bunk beds in the bedroom, and a fold-out sofa in the living room. I don't think any of them have twin beds.

5. The cabins are pretty close together, but there are bushes & trees in between, so you feel secluded.

I hope that helps! Anything else? :D :D

Rhonda,

Thank you for the fast response! I just can't comprehend how big Ft. Wilderness is!

So, pretty much you need to get around via golf cart or busses. Is the bus schedule pretty frequent?

Thanks,

Leah

FW is one mile from front to back-as the crow flies-according to the map. The sidewalks tend to curve so it may be a bit longer. The cabins are in a certain section, and they are spaced nicely from the neighbors.

In the cabins you have a Murphy bed in the living room, and it is quite comfortable! We always fought over that bed to see who could sleep in it.

The buses do run regularly, but in the very slow or very busy times it can be more difficult to get a bus. Lots of people--especially rv people--take bikes for transportation inside the campground. But as others have said, the golf carts are really convenient and a lot of fun, too! We always rent one because it's the kids favorite ride at WDW!!

Give me a yell if you have any other questions--cause I love talking about FW!!

Barbara
247 (I think) days to go

The beach is beautiful, but unless things have changed, no swimming is allowed. We dd some wading while waiting for the Electrical Water Pageant, but couldn't swim in the lake. Had to to to the pool . But we love FW and wouldn't stay anywhere else1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter