Fun Walks for Mom?

Tetonman

Earning My Ears
In talking with my DW last night, she mentioned that while I am with our DS (2&4) at MK, she would like to be able to take DS (4 mos) for a walk in the stroller during the day. She is looking for walks around resorts rather than in the MK (we're staying at ASMo, but don't limit your thinking to just there!).

So, for all you veterans, can you help out? Would the CMs at the ASMo be able to help out?

Thanks,

Tetonman

When our son was 4 months, he mainly slept on walks, so I guess it depends on what she enjoys looking at. For beautiful views, the paths around POR are great. She may want to consider Downtown Disney. The Legoland displays are great, as well as toy displays in the toy store. If it is not too crowded she can board the Monorail at MK (without going into the park) and ride to each of the resorts, get off and walk around. I've heard the gardens at Poly are beautiful.

CSR has a nice lake that you can walk around (I think it is something like .9 miles around). The resort also has great theming and wonderful fountains spread throught the Casitas. It is a fun, beautiful resort to explore and it is pretty close to the All Stars.

My other suggestion would be perhaps PO-FQ and PO-R. The walkway next to the river is very peaceful and quiet.

If you want to stay close but dw want's to leave the MK perhaps the Polynesian? She can roll the stroller right onto the monorail and off at the poly. Great paths and wonderful atmosphere with lots of shade, I love the music piped in along the pathways If baby falls asleep mom could relax with a cool drink by the pool or in the lobby!

TJ

Another thought - not about a nice walk but just to make sure you know about the baby care stations. They have one at every park, nice place to take a break, change baby, do a feeding and re-charge. The older children would be welcome as well, tv with movies and if you should run short of necessities they sell them as well (pricey of course).

fwiw - www.wdwig.com has an entire section on traveling with baby as well as one on traveling with preschoolers. I highly recommend you check it out with the ages of your children.

My last tip is to try a sling or front carrier if you haven't already - it allowed me to do rides and lines with baby and was a total lifesaver! You can't take a stroller in line but baby can ride everything in MK without a height restriction so maybe mom dosen't have to separate from the pack (unless she wants to <wink>.

Have Fun
TJ

We had a non park day on our last trip, and did lots of resort touring.

The whole area around the Boardwalk, Yacht Club, and Beach Club is lovely. They are beautiful resorts, and all within walking distance of each other. You can also see into EPCOT from there. If she has a park pass, she may want to wander into and around the World Showcase from there.

We also enjoyed doing the whole resorts monorail loop -- especially the Grand Floridian. There are so many tiny details in that resort. We even saw a wedding happening on a balcony (with Goofy as "best man!")

The AK Lodge has an outdoor section with animal viewing areas. We were there at night, so not much was stirring, but if she goes during the day she'll probably see a lot. The lodge itself is really cool, too. So is the Wilderness Lodge. If she times it right, she'll be able to see the geyser blow. (It wasn't working when we were there. Hopefully it's going again now.)

I second the sling idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter