Future DVC projects at Disneyland

IOW you want VDH front desk to collect TOT when someone uses non-VDH points to stay there, but when someone uses VDH points to stay there you want DVC to include the TOT in next January’s dues bill for the owner of those VDH points?
I think I’m in over my head.

I’ve heard some say they don’t like having to pay the ToT at the time of the stay because it detracts from the “DVC feel”

I was just trying to brainstorm ways around that.

I’ve heard some say they don’t like having to pay the ToT at the time of the stay because it detracts from the “DVC feel”

Ah. Well, you had good intentions!

If they ever converted more rooms, I assume it would be an entirely different thing from the current VGC deeds, right? I wouldn't suddenly be competing with a bunch of new owners or anything like that?
I think the TOT details of DisneylandForward effectively preclude an expansion of the existing Grand Californian Villas vacation home association.

Any conversions they do or anything new they build has to pay the 15% rate. VGC does not. I don’t see how they could possibly overcome that discrepancy without either getting sued by the city of Anaheim or by the existing DVC owners. And as a result, I can’t imagine they would try.

I think the TOT details of DisneylandForward effectively preclude an expansion of the existing Grand Californian Villas vacation home association.

Any conversions they do or anything new they build has to pay the 15% rate. VGC does not. I don’t see how they could possibly overcome that discrepancy without either getting sued by the city of Anaheim or by the existing DVC owners. And as a result, I can’t imagine they would try.
Thank goodness! There really isn’t any more space at Grand Cal and they don’t need to convert the hotel rooms to DVC for occupancy.

Last edited:

Good intentions, but I think it could get complicated and messy if a person doesn't pay their next dues or sells their DVC. It would also be complicated if renting since the renter should pay and not the owner who gets the dues bill. I think a compromise that could be introduced would be to give an option when booking to have the ToT charged to the room daily or have it billed to the DVC account upon checkout with a due date 1 month out. You'd still have to pay when checking out, but if choosing to bill to the account it would show like a dues statement that has to be paid within one month of checking out. Still having to pay but as you said, it could give that DVC feel back with it not on the room bill.

I feel like the way they are doing TOT with VDH seems appealing to companies that rent out rooms. Not really a fan of that.

Realize that this will mean a decade or more of construction around the property….

With over 50+ VGCs on the market it’s a pretty attractive time, IMO.

I really think once the remodel is done in 2025 the resale market will tighten up.

No concerns about construction and a sweet heart deal on the grandfathered TOT.

The downside is no access to future DVC resorts and I’m glad I have a bucket of direct points to enjoy those.

I’m guessing the next DVC will be a second Pixar Pier tower.

With over 50+ VGCs on the market it’s a pretty attractive time, IMO.

I really think once the remodel is done in 2025 the resale market will tighten up.

No concerns about construction and a sweet heart deal on the grandfathered TOT.

The downside is no access to future DVC resorts and I’m glad I have a bucket of direct points to enjoy those.

I’m guessing the next DVC will be a second Pixar Pier tower.
I've been debating buying my direct at RIV and a resale VGC vs seeing if they will combine incentives and let me do RIV+VDH at once. Same discount per point, but different welcome home offers. Maybe if I take the lesser of the two welcome home offers?

My two cents on the TO tax.

I was fully on board to buy VDH when it went on sale last year. Then the details came out. Higher per point price, TO tax, and the speculation about paid parking.

Also, at the same time they had the flash sale for AKL. Bought 200 points direct for less for barely above resale at the time. It got me my blue card and unrestricted point to use anywhere.

Fast forward to this last February. Wife and I spent 5 nights at VHD. Tax came out to around $250. She and I spent more than that on dinner at Blue Bayou.

The tax sucks, but for me, it's becoming less of a deal breaker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter