GAD max has been reached!! Sign-ups are no longer available!

Exactly what I wonder. It's crazy that a perceived year-long promotion ended in barely over 2 months! They have a volunteer cavalcade with honorary volunteers each day. Curious to see their next move.

Give A Day was never advertised to be for the entire year - it was advertised to last as long as tickets were available, or Dec. 15th, whichever was sooner. December 15th was chosen as that is also the last day you could use the free ticket.

Whether anything will follow it remains to be seen, but I kind of doubt it as nearly a million people still have to use the free tickets/options they have already earned between now and Dec. 15th. That is a far greater percentage of the overall guests than the Birthday program.

The program got people into organizations. A great percentage of them won't return, but they did at least do SOMETHING. Some percentage will return and do it again because now the realize how easy it is to donate your time.

Although there were some organizations who seemed to think this was a way to get free permanent full time help...

My volunteer day is coming up at the end of the month. I hope we don't have any glitches once we get there as it is not all that close to my home. Although we will still honor our obligation as I have taught my children once you commit to something, you must see it through to the end.

We're not traveling until November or December, but Disney was pretty clear about the one million mark, so we volunteered as soon as possible. We got our vouchers this past Sunday, and I'm so glad we were able to participate in this program!

:thumbsup2 Same here. We don't plan to use our vouchers until October in Disneyland California. But, we volunteered in January and received our vouchers one week later in email.

:wizard: I knew Disney-people would be very receptive to this promotion on helping others. Also, I knew it would not last into the summer. That is why I signed up on January 1st and got the volunteer job confirmed not too long after that. I'm curious to know how many of the volunteers were DISers. :confused:

:goodvibes Jennifer

I wanted to add that I am sad to be turning people away. I was hoping people would still want to help out just to be kind, but no such luck.
It is a bit disappointing to see that people only would truly volunteer to get something in return.

That's just awful.

I wanted to add that I am sad to be turning people away. I was hoping people would still want to help out just to be kind, but no such luck.
It is a bit disappointing to see that people only would truly volunteer to get something in return.
I promise you would walk away with a warm feeling in your heart if you only gave it a chance.

The volunteers we did get had a wonderful time. They learned a lot about our organization. They might not ever return, but I guarantee it touched them. I am glad to have made an impact on those who came.

We volunteer regularly - while the vast majority may never return, and most who contacted you just for a ticket or a fast pass will now not bother to help, hopefully a few will. I'll be interested to see the long term impact..do some of the GAD organizations wind up with a new batch of regular volunteers...or is it all just a flash in the pan?

It would be interesting to hear from some of the organizers regarding numbers if they are willing to share...what was the completion rate of volunteer service (i.e. how many signed up and actually did the work vs. blew it off), what is the completion rate AFTER the closure announcement even though those people were already confirmed...and what if any impact on volunteers in general there has been after the program is fully completed - i.e. did you see an increase in general volunteers after the fact?

Can someone answer this question for me? I did the Linus Project and turned my blankets in last week. I keep checking the Disney site under the manage my account section and under the volunteer activity status it shows "pending verification" It's been like that for two days now. Should I be nervous?

:confused3 I have a question about GAD. My best friend signed-up for a Tool-Kit project in January. Her completion date to have her project done is for March 31st. She completed the projected and mailed it out to the organization on February 26th. She has her post -office delivery confirmation, 3/1/10. She has not heard from the organization nor GAD. Is it safe to assume that she will get a voucher? :confused: Who can she contact? :confused: She has emailed and called the office of the organization but has not gotten a response. We are planning our vacation for Thanksgiving. Thanks for answers in advance. Diser's are so informed. ;)

:confused3 I have a question about GAD. My best friend signed-up for a Tool-Kit project in January. Her completion date to have her project done is for March 31st. She completed the projected and mailed it out to the organization on February 26th. She has her post -office delivery confirmation, 3/1/10. She has not heard from the organization nor GAD. Is it safe to assume that she will get a voucher? :confused: Who can she contact? :confused: She has emailed and called the office of the organization but has not gotten a response. We are planning our vacation for Thanksgiving. Thanks for answers in advance. Diser's are so informed. ;)

From what I understand, the volunteer coordinator cannot verify that the work was done until after the project date, in your friend's case 3/31. She should get an email soon after that date and be able to print our her voucher.

Thanks for the response MaumeeMom. l will let her know. Looks like we will have a great Thanksgiving after all.

I completed my hours last night at a soup kitchen. It was such a great experience that my boyfriend and I are planning to go back once or twice every month. I know that some people use it to get a free a park ticket or fast passes, but for some of us, we actually do want to volunteer and just needed a starting point.

DS and I worked at a food bank and I wanted to take him back again because it also counts toward his SSL hours that he needs to graduate. The response was so great that the lady who runs the program said she's booked up solid with volunteers through May. They don't do it over the summer so she said to check back around August for new dates to open in the fall...but it worked out to be a great organization that we found where he can return to over & over. So we will volunteer again - just have to wait until it's available.

The food pantry where I am a weekly volunteer was part of this promotion. Not only do I enjoy my time there, I get a free day at Disneyland!

My DS 18 has Asperger's and I wanted him to get involved in a volunteer activity to keep him busy. He and my DH volunteered to work at a book rescue. While it wasn't their cup of tea, they did see this important non profit in action and may want to contribute in a different way in the future.

In some ways, it was disappointing that the one million tickets were filled so quickly, but in another way - hats off to the volunteers! :cheer2:

There is no greater gift then giving your time to help another living member of this wonderful world we call "Earth." :grouphug:

Can someone answer this question for me? I did the Linus Project and turned my blankets in last week. I keep checking the Disney site under the manage my account section and under the volunteer activity status it shows "pending verification" It's been like that for two days now. Should I be nervous?

Our status didn't change until the voucher was emailed. Give it at least a week. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes Jennifer

Wait, I just noticed that Meals on Wheels was one of the organizations! I volunteer for them! If only I had known that before, we could've saved some money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter