Galactic Starcruiser - what is next for this space?

Only rumor I’ve heard is they’re going to tear it down.
I keep checking Google Maps every few months to see if its been updated. Google Maps is the only way I'll get to see it. The current overhead view is still when both Galactic Star Cruiser and Galaxys Edge were in construction. I find it fascinating that Galactic Star Cruiser will have been built, opened, and then closed before Google Maps has updated.

Even if they do a dinner show, the guest's room just sit there. I have to think there is a way to still have an overnight(s) experience albeit without the fully immersed experience.

Disney said they're going to discount the value of the hotel from their books immediately. This I think means there are no plan for the space itself. Otherwise it would have some residual value.
They'll strip it from the gadgets and special effects and maybe reuse some of the technology somewhere else. Probably DCL.

They have been doing lengthy over the phone surveys of some of the recent guests. Josh D’Amaro said they would do something with it. I don’t know how long it has to sit idle to get the write-off. I don’t have hope that they will do anything good with it, having done a cruise with them. Nothing can compare😭

Glad they tried the idea just the same - it’s easy to armchair quarterback afterwards or Pooh Pooh an idea - without vision and dreaming - none of what has been built prior would even exist today. Since rooting for something or someone to fail seems on the icky side - I’ll stay glass half full that Disney repurposes it in some fashion - I am sure whatever that might be will still drag the same responses …

That would be a shame. I'm probably repeating someone's idea.....but wouldn't make more sense to make it a dinner type show. Like hoop de do? A two- three hour event.
Apparently it's a better financial decision to tear it down and write it off than to continue operating it in a limited capacity. Pretty sure there was a story earlier this year where they considered all alternatives.

They have been doing lengthy over the phone surveys of some of the recent guests. Josh D’Amaro said they would do something with it. I don’t know how long it has to sit idle to get the write-off. I don’t have hope that they will do anything good with it, having done a cruise with them. Nothing can compare😭
I had read Josh D’Amaro said they would something with it too, but he wasn’t ready to say what that was. Its why I asked the question based on his statement, I figured rumors had to be swirling.

It will be demolished.
I don't think so.
Unless of course you have inside info.
I also have heard about the phone interviews.

They didn’t demolish River Country until they needed the space. (Which is on hold now, haha.) How many pavilions sat empty in Epcot for a long time? I don’t see them spending the money to demolish it until they need the land.
But they did demolish the harmonious barges, because it was required to get the full tax write off - i hope they find another use for it though, but there are real technicalities around depreciation and tax write offs

But they did demolish the harmonious barges, because it was required to get the full tax write off - i hope they find another use for it though, but there are real technicalities around depreciation and tax write offs

A little different, they weren't reusable.

The whole purpose of cancelling Harmonious was to get the barges out of the lagoon. Guests weren't staying, it was hurting private special events like weddings and the dining packages were underperforming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter