"garden standard view" vs. "garden view" at Contemporary

Tinkmom

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me the difference between "garden standard" and "garden" views/rooms at the Contemporary? I have a layout of the resort, so if anyone has stayed in one or the other (and is positive of its status) and could tell me their room number that might help me figure out the difference.

Thanks!! :Pinkbounc

We stayed there three times! The GVstandard is a view of the parking lot in both north and south buildings. GVgardenview is the opposite side of the hallway and faces(depending on your particular part of the bulilding) the pool,the lake(side view),the playground or the tower(main) building.
I believe the even #'ed rooms are gardenview and the odd #'ed rooms are the standard view. This is at least true in the South building.
We love the block of rooms in the first section of the south building with the gardenview. You are just a 'hedge' away from the pool and if you sit on the chairs on the patio you can see the lake. The room #'ed (I believe) 5006-5010. The first three rooms of this block being a suite and a handicapped room so they are not available for a general room reservation(rooms 5002-5004).

Have great time there...and if you have kids don't forget your roll of quarters...the arcade is the BEST on site and has a very gracious ticket redemption counter that will yeild the average arcade enthusiast a decent prize almost equal to a prize purchased in the retail market. My kids have used the prizes won here a souvineers....killed two birds with one stone!!

Good Day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter