• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gas prices

mainecamper

Earning My Ears
We are starting out on our trip on the 18th of mar. and I am really nervous about the price of gas. Average for Maine right now is about 1.65, any input on what we can expect on the way down...more or less...told DH that we may want to take a 2nd mortgage out on the house!!! Oil prices and zero temps have really hit us hard this year!!! No matter...even if all we can afford to do is drive and eat, that's okay, cuz the rest of the trip is paid for...thank heavens for that!!! Family is ribbing me since I have the camper almost all packed...I was ready yesterday!!! Mouse and warm weather here we come!!!

We are worried about what the prices will be when we go in July... right now in northeast CT we are paying an average of $1.75 per gallon for regular gasoline. We were very fortunate to lock in a cap of $1.08 per gallon for our fuel oil - we have family and friends who have paid over $1.65.

Guess all we can do is hang in there :rolleyes:

Have a great trip and tell us about it when you get home :)

Can't help you on the way down but when you get here the price will be the same as you are paying at home. I think the state Avg. now is 1.75 but we are paying 1.65 in central FL. I think the farther south in FL you go the higher the price.

Look at it this way no matter what you pay on the way down, driving and staying at FW is about the best way to do WDW and not have to mortgage the house.

In addition, I promise while you are here you will not need any heating oil for your camper. I just hope it stops raining for a while or at least rains during the week. Our last 3 weekends have had rain and its looking like there might be more next weekend.

I think AAA can give you a state by state listing of current gas prices.

The good news is that Georgia usually has cheaper gas prices. I live in Alabama and right now it's averaging about $1.65 or so. I haven't been to Georgia lately, but their prices usually run about 10 cents/gallon cheaper.

Depending on the exit gas in the DC area is around $1.71

If you get off the beaten track you can find it down around $1.59

This will be an expensive towing summer

Just returned Had a great time!! Here is the scoop on gas paid 169.9 at Disney was cheaper in Disney than outside. SC 166.9 , NC 162.9 , VA. 161.9 , MD 165.9 , CT. 173.9 , NH 163.9 Have a great trip

Well that's a relief, we usually do pay just about what everyone else does...I agree...since the whole trip is paid for, all we really ahave to worry about it gas and food!!! Just being thereis going to be heaven on earth!!!! Right now it is a whole 9 degrees here!!! I am so ready to leave winter for a while!!!:Pinkbounc

Gas prices here in Ga. (South Atltanta Area) are running about $1.40 to $1.50 gal.

Have a good trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter