GAT tickets redeemable in Good Neighbour?

kanickie

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I have bought Get Away Today tickets and have been emailed a voucher. It says I can take these directly to turnstiles and they will scan them and give me my physical tickets.

I am staying at a Good Neighbour hotel with a Disney ticket desk- could I do this before I go to the park and redeem my tickets there?

I’m just wondering as I have MaxPass so obviously want to get my first ride loaded as I enter the park and wonder how much time this will save me!

No, you always have to get your ticket at the turnstyles. They will take your picture there and give you your ticket. Then you can scan the ticket into your app and get going with Maxpass. It only takes a few minutes. But there is no way around it.

If you have an eTicket rather than a voucher, which it sounds like you do, go ahead and scan it into the app now. The eTicket in the app can be used for park admission. Or you can use the printed eTicket still. You'll still get the actual ticket printed out at the turnstile. But you shouldn't need to re-scan the ticket in the app. The ticket number in the app will automatically be updated to match the printed ticket after it is issued. And you can start making those FASTPASS selections with MaxPass as soon as you scan into the park.

I think GAT actually sends eTickets and not vouchers. (With Vouchers you would have to go to a ticket booth first)
If you have etickets you can actually load them into the app anytime and then as soon as you are scanned in the park for that day you can make your first maxpass reservation. You would have to be scanned into any of the 2 parks before making maxpass reservations anyways even if you had your actual paper tickets in hand.

I have an eTicket but on the ticket it says -

3) Please do not upload tickets to the Disneyland app prior to your arrival. You will need to wait until you are given the ticket upon entering the park as the number will change.

That makes me nervous so I wasn't sure about doing that!

I have an eTicket but on the ticket it says -

3) Please do not upload tickets to the Disneyland app prior to your arrival. You will need to wait until you are given the ticket upon entering the park as the number will change.

That makes me nervous so I wasn't sure about doing that!
I think there was a thread about that one week ago or so...

yes, those numbers do change but that’s happening automatically and isn’t a problem.

I just did last week with tickets from undercover tourist but all “straight to the gate” eTickets work the same way. It doesn’t matter if they come directly from Disney another seller.
The eTicket number will change to the number of your paper ticket. The only problem I could think of is: doing a screenshot of your ticket beforehand and then trying to use that after the numbers have changed. That probably wouldn’t work... but if you take screenshots after you entered the park there shouldn’t be a problem. (And do a clear photo of your paper ticket as well just in case you loose it.)

You just have to make sure that you don’t mix up the tickets! You can’t rename them once they are loaded into the app. So make sure the right persons uses the right tickets when entering for the first time so the photos match the names or you’ll get confused...

Hello,

I have bought Get Away Today tickets and have been emailed a voucher. It says I can take these directly to turnstiles and they will scan them and give me my physical tickets.

I am staying at a Good Neighbour hotel with a Disney ticket desk- could I do this before I go to the park and redeem my tickets there?

I’m just wondering as I have MaxPass so obviously want to get my first ride loaded as I enter the park and wonder how much time this will save me!

Hi Kanickie,

I recently purchased a package through Get Away Today with hotel and 4 3-day parkhoppers plus maxpass for my family trip and went to Disneyland last week on Thanksgiving. The process for the tickets at the turnstile gate was very quick and easy! :)

The PDF tickets that GAT sent you can be scanned at the turnstile gate (I printed out the PDF tickets) and the castmember will take your pictures before giving you physical park tickets in return. Then you can scan the physical ticket(s) into the Disneyland app to 'link' your tickets for your group to your account. All done. Now you'll be able to immediately reserve fastpasses through the app since you have maxpass purchased already. You'll click the little + icon at the bottom off the Disneyland app and choose "Get Fastpass with Disney Maxpass".

Hope this helps.

Piggybacking on this post...I just scanned our tickets from Undercover Tourist into the Disneyland app where it said to link tickets. Was I not supposed to do that? I don't want to mess up our Maxpass stuff because I want to start pulling passes as soon as we enter the park.
When I've purchased UT tickets for WDW in the past, I put them into the MDE app right away so I could start making Fastpasses at 60 days and it worked fine. Disneyland stuff is scaring me!

Piggybacking on this post...I just scanned our tickets from Undercover Tourist into the Disneyland app where it said to link tickets. Was I not supposed to do that? I don't want to mess up our Maxpass stuff because I want to start pulling passes as soon as we enter the park.
When I've purchased UT tickets for WDW in the past, I put them into the MDE app right away so I could start making Fastpasses at 60 days and it worked fine. Disneyland stuff is scaring me!
I am following your question because I have the same questions as well. It’s my understanding that it doesn’t make much difference whether you scan your Etickets in ahead of time or not because when you get your hardcopy ticket you have to scan those into the app and correctly name them before you can start using the max pass, so while I don’t think there’s any problem with scanning your eTicket in ahead of time, I’m just not sure if it saves time versus just waiting and scanning your tickets when you get them. I think the benefit is once you scan the eticket into your app you don’t have to worry about losing that piece of paper with the barcode. Experts, please tell me if this is correct! :)

We were in the parks Nov 23-24. Had UT tickets. I had scanned them into the app prior to arrival at the gates. I had the paper print out the CM used to scan us in and take our photos. It automatically updated in the app. We had no issue the next day when we added MaxPass in the app. Super easy!

Mine have always been previously been scanned into the app, and they've always updated once we entered the turnstile. I don't understand why GAT recommends waiting to scan.

Scanning the tickets into the app before your first day saves a couple of seconds (more so if you want to load the tickets into different apps) and some fuss after entering the park.

Like I said above... just be careful you name your tickets correctly and that let the CM at the turnstiles scan them in the “correct” order so your photos match your names.

I scanned my GAT tickets at least a month or two before my trip in August (I also did it a month early for a trip in February). Everything was fine. The only thing I had to be careful with was getting the right person with the right ticket when we entered the first time.

I was told don't scan them early because the numbers change.

As others have mentioned, its perfectly fine to scan eTickets in to the app beforehand.

The app will update with the new number once the ticket is scanned in at the gate and the actual ticket barcode/number is generated.

I scanned my GAT tickets at least a month or two before my trip in August (I also did it a month early for a trip in February). Everything was fine. The only thing I had to be careful with was getting the right person with the right ticket when we entered the first time.
This is what I am worried about as all the tickets are in my name not my son and my hubbies name. I will have my son's ticket and fp everything linked to my account but I don't know how to do that yet either (do changed a lot in 4 /5 years)

This is what I am worried about as all the tickets are in my name not my son and my hubbies name. I will have my son's ticket and fp everything linked to my account but I don't know how to do that yet either (do changed a lot in 4 /5 years)

It doesn’t matter how they look when you buy them when you scan them into the app you assign them names. You HAVE TO assign the names now and cannot change them later. They can be scanned into multiple accounts but the original assigned names are linked to them now and will follow however many accounts they’re loaded into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter