Gavin's Wish Comes True!! MAW

Pardon my ignorance:confused:.......what's a Mickey head countdown?????

Pamela:santa:

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

If you read StepahiLyns PTR her and her girls made a wonderful board full of mickey head cutouts with #'s on them for each night before their trip. So every night they could take a # (mickey head) off. Sorry for the horrible description. Check it out on her pages. It is really cool.

What a week it's turning out to be (I know it's only monday!). My DD Kia was home sick today and Im really hoping it's not that horrible H1N1. She only has a lowgrade fever, sore throat and very tired. Im debating making an appointment for her tomorrow if she's not better. Gavin falls in the high risk catagory for H1N1 because of his nerological issues and asthma.
So I had to cancel Gavin's PT/OT for today, no big deal were their 3 times a week but I'll most likely cancel his phycologist for tomorrow which I was anxious to see. Since his surgery he has been very prone to having huge meltdowns because he cannot process any feelings he has. His phyciatrist started him on Prozac last month and I beleive it's starting to work for his anxiety so now maybe the phycologist can work with him. Before he was just to on edge all the time to talk to anyone but people he is really close to. Anyways thats why Im a little bummed we wont get in to see her tomorrow.
Oh well I'd rather keep everyone home until Im sure everyone is feeling Ok. Gives me an excuse to take a day to get caught up on Disney movies. :)

No news on our trip yet but our Wish granter called and said their is one more paper we need to fill out and they need a copy of DH's drivers licence for the rental car so she'll be stopping by on Wed. or Thurs. Our team is so nice and Im so thankful to them.
Ok so Im odviously still oblivious on how to post replies, Im just not getting the multi quote. Any help Please?? I saw Maroo post on another thread about a + key at the bottom, Im not seeing that :confused3

Sorry...I did not do a good job describing that button...

Right next to the "Quote" button is a button that has a " symbol and a + sign. I think it also has what looks like a piece of paper on it?

You click that button on each post that you want to quote and then click reply and it will put them all in the white box that you use to reply.

Of course, you will have multiple entries all started by a [ QUOTE=....] and ended by a [/QUOTE ]

If you type inside the Quote words then your print will end up inside their quote...many of us do this and just add color so that you can see what we wrote, etc.

If you type outside the Quote words (or in between the [/QUOTE] and the next beginning of a quote
... said:
then your words will look "normal" and be situated between the quotes.

I hope that is a better explanation! :)

Sorry...I did not do a good job describing that button...

Your description was fine Maroo, I am just computer illerate sometimes.:rotfl:

Right next to the "Quote" button is a button that has a " symbol and a + sign. I think it also has what looks like a piece of paper on it?

You click that button on each post that you want to quote and then click reply and it will put them all in the white box that you use to reply.

Of course, you will have multiple entries all started by a

If you type inside the Quote words then your print will end up inside their quote...many of us do this and just add color so that you can see what we wrote, etc.

If you type outside the Quote words (or in between the
and the next beginning of a quote
... said:
then your words will look "normal" and be situated between the quotes.

I hope that is a better explanation! :)

Thank you so much I think I got it now. :goodvibes

I'm sorry Kia is sick! Did you take her to the doctor? If it's the flu, you have to get them the Tamiflu within 48 hours of the first symptoms for it to be effective. They may also prescribe it to your other children to prevent them from getting the flu. I hope she's feeling better. :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear that Kia is sick, especially with Gavin being high risk. And what a bummer about cancelling the psych appointment. I hope it doesn't take forever to reschedule!

I'm sorry Kia is sick! Did you take her to the doctor? If it's the flu, you have to get them the Tamiflu within 48 hours of the first symptoms for it to be effective. They may also prescribe it to your other children to prevent them from getting the flu. I hope she's feeling better. :hug:

Thank you, Kia is doing a little better today but I called and made an appontment for this afternoon just in case.

I'm so sorry to hear that Kia is sick, especially with Gavin being high risk. And what a bummer about cancelling the psych appointment. I hope it doesn't take forever to reschedule!

Thanks, I was able to reschedule for 2 weeks out so not to far a wait which Im so glad of.

Well it turns out Kia is just down with a cold. :) Im so glad it's nothing more serious and she'll be back to school in time for her first play at school. She's been going to rehearsals and been so nervous but excited about it. If this one goes well she's thinking of joining drama. I think she would be great at it. Always been my little drama queen.
So Im trying to figure out a way to extend our stay. I really doubt it will happen but if I can get it all planned and give DH a good price and a pretty smile I just may get my way. :rotfl: Im thinking the cheapest would be to stay on-property so we wouldnt need a car. I havent looked to far into it yet but if anyone knows of any deals or really cheap places to stay off property please let me know. Im also looking into doing the Pirate League for the kids has anyone heard of this or even done it?? It sounds like something Gavin would love. Big Pirates of the Caribbean fan.

Whew, so glad Kia just has a cold! I hope you can find a way to extend, it's an awful lot to squeeze into 5 or 6 days! (By the time you factor in travel). I've racked my brain trying to figure out a way for us to, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Well it turns out Kia is just down with a cold. :) Im so glad it's nothing more serious and she'll be back to school in time for her first play at school. She's been going to rehearsals and been so nervous but excited about it. If this one goes well she's thinking of joining drama. I think she would be great at it. Always been my little drama queen.
So Im trying to figure out a way to extend our stay. I really doubt it will happen but if I can get it all planned and give DH a good price and a pretty smile I just may get my way. :rotfl: Im thinking the cheapest would be to stay on-property so we wouldnt need a car. I havent looked to far into it yet but if anyone knows of any deals or really cheap places to stay off property please let me know. Im also looking into doing the Pirate League for the kids has anyone heard of this or even done it?? It sounds like something Gavin would love. Big Pirates of the Caribbean fan.

Glad Kia just has a cold and I hope she makes a full recovery in time for her stage debut!

We extended our trip by 3 days (Dec 9-12). Originally, we were just going to stay with my DH's brother who lives on Orlando, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted a hotel. In the past week, DH and I have been looking for hotel and car deals online. Here is what we found, and booked:
Car rental: midsize car rented through priceline . com Advantage Rental 18.70 per day plus taxes for a total of 82.54
Hotel (just booked this yesterday and I think the deal is still available): 3 nights at the Comfort Inn Orlando (convenient to WDW, SW, and US/IOA) for $29.00 per night plus taxes for a total of 97.88. This hotel has a 'kids eat free with paid adult' buffet as well.
So for a total of less than $200 plus whatever we spend in meals, we are extending for 3 days. I hope you can find great deals like this and falls into your budget so you are able to extend your trip as well!

Glad Kia just has a cold and I hope she makes a full recovery in time for her stage debut!

We extended our trip by 3 days (Dec 9-12). Originally, we were just going to stay with my DH's brother who lives on Orlando, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted a hotel. In the past week, DH and I have been looking for hotel and car deals online. Here is what we found, and booked:
Car rental: midsize car rented through priceline . com Advantage Rental 18.70 per day plus taxes for a total of 82.54
Hotel (just booked this yesterday and I think the deal is still available): 3 nights at the Comfort Inn Orlando (convenient to WDW, SW, and US/IOA) for $29.00 per night plus taxes for a total of 97.88. This hotel has a 'kids eat free with paid adult' buffet as well.
So for a total of less than $200 plus whatever we spend in meals, we are extending for 3 days. I hope you can find great deals like this and falls into your budget so you are able to extend your trip as well!

WHOA!!!!

That is fantastic!

Do you mind posting that on the Wish Trippers thread?

Whew, so glad Kia just has a cold! I hope you can find a way to extend, it's an awful lot to squeeze into 5 or 6 days! (By the time you factor in travel). I've racked my brain trying to figure out a way for us to, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Thanks, Im really hoping we can pull it off somehow or another.

Wow!! That is an amazing deal, now if I can find something like that after we get our dates I just may be able to talk DH into it :yay: Thanks for the info Im definetley looking into it.

I found that deal as well and considered it. That price is unbelievable! What are you planning to do during those extra days, if I may ask? Would you go back to the parks and buy your own tickets? I reconsidered when I saw the Nick Hotel because I realized that we wouldn't even HAVE to leave that hotel during the day if we wanted to have fun (we will be using the last of our 3 day park hopper from GKTW on the first night of our extension and going to MVMCP the second). I'm afraid if we just stayed at a no-frills motel we'd be tempted to go back to a park and pay for a one day ticket - cost for the six of us? :scared1: The Nick is 99 a night (they have a 2/3 but we are only extending by two).

I haven't actually booked the Nick yet. Hopefully within the next 48 hours I'll make a decision.

Those are awesome deals! I'm still waiting for dates as well as how our chapter wants to handle the car rental. The WG has already mentioned that they might just have us pay them. But I'll keep this info in mind for our extension!

I found that deal as well and considered it. That price is unbelievable! What are you planning to do during those extra days, if I may ask? Would you go back to the parks and buy your own tickets? I reconsidered when I saw the Nick Hotel because I realized that we wouldn't even HAVE to leave that hotel during the day if we wanted to have fun (we will be using the last of our 3 day park hopper from GKTW on the first night of our extension and going to MVMCP the second). I'm afraid if we just stayed at a no-frills motel we'd be tempted to go back to a park and pay for a one day ticket - cost for the six of us? :scared1: The Nick is 99 a night (they have a 2/3 but we are only extending by two).

I haven't actually booked the Nick yet. Hopefully within the next 48 hours I'll make a decision.

Wow! The Nick hotel for $99 a night. Do you mind if I ask how many people in your party? I was looking there yesterday and it looked like minimum $200 a night.
Our wish granter Sheena came by tonight and had me fill out the paperwork from GKTW and I asked her about extending our stay. She's going to ask about it, apparentley noone has ever asked her before. Hopefully we'll have dates soon. Im getting soo excited.

:santa:
Wow! The Nick hotel for $99 a night. Do you mind if I ask how many people in your party? I was looking there yesterday and it looked like minimum $200 a night.
Our wish granter Sheena came by tonight and had me fill out the paperwork from GKTW and I asked her about extending our stay. She's going to ask about it, apparentley noone has ever asked her before. Hopefully we'll have dates soon. Im getting soo excited.

Hi Jennifer...

I actually got that price quote last night or the night before. For 6 of us. What dates were you looking at? That may be the difference. We're looking at a Wed and Thurs. mid-December. Probably not the busiest time. Of course it's always possible if I looked tonight I'd get another price? I'll have to go check.

I actually felt funny about asking for the extension at first. Initially we were just hoping to extend by coming in the night before and staying at an airport hotel and then leaving the morning after (also staying at an airport hotel). We thought that way we wouldn't lose any time to travel. Our rep said they only extend at the end of the trip however and then suggested we stay for more than one night. We hoped to go through Saturday but the price increase for the airfare was apparently something they wouldn't consider. I'm not complaining though:) They have been MORE than generous.

Jennifer....

I just checked and got the same 99 dollars (phew!!). AAA rate for 2 Bedroom Kidssuite with 1 King and Bunks. I'm alittle concerned about whether it will really be warm enough to enjoy the pool complex. If it's not...............no real point in spending the extra money.

WHOA!!!!

That is fantastic!

Do you mind posting that on the Wish Trippers thread?

Sure, I'd be happy to post it over there. I will be posting it to my own PTR tonight or tomorrow as well.

I found that deal as well and considered it. That price is unbelievable! What are you planning to do during those extra days, if I may ask? Would you go back to the parks and buy your own tickets?

Originally we extended with the intent to hang out for a couple of days with my BIL who lives in Orlando. However, I learned from Maroo that our park tickets would still be valid even after we checked out of GKTW so even though we will still spend time with BIL, we are now using the 3 extra days to build in some free time, spend time at GKTW, and avoid stress and chaos on our travel days. My basic plan looks like this:
Day 1: travel
Day 2: US/IOA
Day 3: Epcot
Day 4: GKTW and Mickey's Christmas Party (gets us 1/2 park day without using a park ticket)
Day 5: Sea World
Day 6: AK (1/2 day) and HS (1/2 day)
Day 7: MK
Day 8: DTD for BBB and dinner at GF
Day 9: US/IOA
Day 10: travel
This plan uses all of our tickets that we get from GKTW. The only day we may skip is day #2 at US/IOA if we find there is just not enough stuff for kids there. We will not need to purchase any additional park tickets. We will also have a minimum of 2 x 1/2 days at GKTW plus we plan to hit most morning character meet and greets and evening activities.

Sure, I'd be happy to post it over there. I will be posting it to my own PTR tonight or tomorrow as well.

Originally we extended with the intent to hang out for a couple of days with my BIL who lives in Orlando. However, I learned from Maroo that our park tickets would still be valid even after we checked out of GKTW so even though we will still spend time with BIL, we are now using the 3 extra days to build in some free time, spend time at GKTW, and avoid stress and chaos on our travel days. My basic plan looks like this:
Day 1: travel
Day 2: US/IOA
Day 3: Epcot
Day 4: GKTW and Mickey's Christmas Party (gets us 1/2 park day without using a park ticket)
Day 5: Sea World
Day 6: AK (1/2 day) and HS (1/2 day)
Day 7: MK
Day 8: DTD for BBB and dinner at GF
Day 9: US/IOA
Day 10: travel
This plan uses all of our tickets that we get from GKTW. The only day we may skip is day #2 at US/IOA if we find there is just not enough stuff for kids there. We will not need to purchase any additional park tickets. We will also have a minimum of 2 x 1/2 days at GKTW plus we plan to hit most morning character meet and greets and evening activities.

This looks great! :)

I love how you are going to get to spread everything out! That is going to make things a lot more relaxing for you. :cloud9:

So it seems maybe I should have waited a while to start this PTR. I'll try to keep you all up to date but really not much going on yet. I was just so excited to get started and now dosent seem to be much to do until we get our dates. So I thought I would try to put up a little video of Gavin's latest hospital stay. Promise to make another one with all the kids soon.

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=9d15ea97c2e523d473f296&skin_id=601

Tomorrow is my birthday and Im excited to be going out without the kids. My mother-in-law is coming to watch the kids and DH and I are going out to an indian restaraunt where a friend will be belly dancing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter